Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Guided hunts - Activity?

Old 04-13-2003, 12:04 PM

Default Guided hunts - Activity?

Just curious, and thought I' d pick the members' brains. I was curious as to how bookings are going for the Outfitters on the board; I' d also like to ask the regular " hunt-bookers" if they plan on booking this year. I' m a booking agent, and everything has come to a screeching halt. Zero inquiries, lately. I' m assuming it' s the war. I know the economy is bad too, but I was getting a steady trickle, even in the poor economy. Just wondering......
Old 04-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Guided hunts - Activity?

Muskrat89

Our bookings are off 90% (bear & waterfowl). I was recently talking with the MLOA Manitoba Lodge & Outfitters Association and almost our members are reporting the same slow down (even the fishing lodges). In fact it is getting so bad that many hunters have been calling us to cancel or threaten to cancel hunts with us because Canada did not join with the USA & GB in the war effort. We (most Canadains) agree with the coalition and wished our government would have sent our troops to fight with our only neighbor. However, our dumb ass prime minister didn' t want blood on his hands at the end of his 40 yr career in politics. Thus there is growing anti-Canadian sentiment coming from the US. It' s too bad that the working man is bearing the load, not the politicians.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:13 PM

Tikka - Tell me about it - I' m a Canadian, living in the US. I try to explain to folks that every Canadian I' ve talked to supports the US... I' ve always hated our Federal system of Govt. On another note, sorry to hear your bookings are down, but glad it' s not just me. Luckily, I represent US, Mex, and S African Outfitters as well.

Robert - Thanks for the offer. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. I' ll get some of my info in the mail to you.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

It' s kind of funny you mentioned this. A friend and I are looking into an Elk hunt in Colorado for 2004 and have not heard a thing back from two different outfitters since we inquired. One got back to us immediately and got us a couple of deer drawing aplications (before April 1) in case we wanted to do a combo hunt. I had a few more questions for him but since then I have not heard anything back in three weeks. One of things I asked him for was a guarantee that he would have all of his outfitters registrations and wilderness permits current when we hunted. Maybe I scared him off, who knows. The other I just plain have not heard back from, two weeks now. Makes me wonder if they needed the business.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:13 AM
nub

I' m booked for Moose again this fall in Ontario, I was already booked before the war started. I' ve hunted with the same Outfitter for a few years now and consider him a friend. I would not hold him accountable for his officials not wanting to join the coalition.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:11 PM
jjt

tikka
I went to canada (NewBrunswick) on a bear hunt last year. It was very enjoyable and we had planned a trip to go for caribou this year. but after the stand canada took on the war we (myself and 3 friends) decided it would be better to spend the money in alaska. I am sorry if you are loosing money and do not support the decision your government made. But I can not bring myself to spend money in a country that doesnt support america.
we also canceled our fishing trip to cabo san lucas this year and went to hawaii instead.
JMHO
Old 04-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

I, too, was looking to book a moose hunt in British Columbia until the Canadians decided they didn' t want to support the U.S. And since you folks also have a representative form of governent, I must assume that since the Canadian populace elected their officials, then said officials must indeed represent the will of the Canadian people.

If this is not the case, get rid of them the next time you go to the polls. And if they are re-elected, I will continue to spend my money elsewhere and to tell anyone who will listen to do the same.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have the right to spend your money where ever you please. But to make such a outlandish comment that we elected them so we must believe or approve of their stance or desicions.....GET REAL. I am sure in your great wisdom to elect the next government that during their period of power they have always done things that the public approved, asked first before putting in place and made you happy in every way. For your information I have never voted for this party(current government) and never will, I don' t agree with many of their policies, stances and decisions...this includes the war. To be lumped into the same category just because I am canadian makes me sick[:@].

I suppose you were the type if you never got your way or had a disagreement, just took your toy truck and left the sandbox! Oh BTW, last time I checked the news, a large number of Americans didn' t support the war....." ARE YOU SURE THAT ALL YOUR MONEY IS IN FACT GOING TO THOSE WHO AGREE WITH YOU?"

Sorry you feel the way you do and it is fine if you don' t want to come here b/c of our government. To lump all of us into the same category...i think you are sadly mistaken & need a reality check!

cheers
Old 04-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

skeeter - I' m merely responding to an earlier post stating that nearly all Canadians were in support of the U.S. and the war. If that were the case, your politicians' actions would reflect this. That' s the nature of the game.

If your politicians are going against the vast majority of opinion up there, we should see wholesale reconstruction of your government the next time a big election comes around. If not, we must assume that most Canadians indeed did not support us or our troops.

As far as our own vocal minority, they get a lot of news play, but they are really quite inconsequential in the scheme of things. Even the most liberal pollsters have approval ratings for the war and President Bush above 70%, and the more conservative polls go up to nearly 80%.

The one thing I am certain of is this: If the tides were turned and Canada found itself needing to send troops to a far away land, the first country to step up and willingly offer its own boys and girls to die for your country would be the United States of America.

And we would go without hesitation to help protect our friends and neighbors to the North. [:-]

Quick Reply: Guided hunts - Activity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.