Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Caribou Hunts in Canada

Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Caribou Hunts in Canada

Has anybody gone on any Canada Caribou Hunts? I am sure there are many, but who is a good outfitter? Not looking to spend an exorbant amount of money, but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Caribou Hunts in Canada

I've heard more bad things about caribou hunts than probably any other hunt/outfitter/specie to go after, none the less I want one too.

Every outfitter will tell you if you're not in the game they'll fly you to another camp, I always hear that, then I hear from hunters, "ya this outfitter said that, there was no game and we stayed there the entire time."

So I wouldn't plan on being moved if you're not where you need to be.

I think I would better try to time the migrations than catch up/move to where they are. My cousin has been on 3 caribou hunts I believe, and probably only 1 of those would he have reccomended.

If you want a trophy, I'd hold out, especially if you're seeing alot of animals, also learn how they score them, knowing that can help you shoot a monster vs a dink. 1 big shovel scores less than 2 good shovels.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Safari Nordik
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Norpaq Adventures was great to us. We have been there a couple of times and they truly have done right by us. They DID move us the second year when game was scarce. Really a great organization as far as I am concerned. The first year we all tagged out early. Second year only one of us was able to fill both tags because the migration was late. Nothing Norpaq could do about that, but they honestly tried their best by moving us camps and the second camp was better than the first. I would go with them again. http://www.norpaq.com
Old 01-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on 9 caribou hunts, 3 in Quebec, 1 in NWT and 5 in Alaska..

Quebec has a lot of outfitters , some good, and some not so good, as the poor guys who booked with Tuttilick last year can tell you..

I would highly recommend Jack Hume Adventures...They are very honest and well organized... They have thier own airplanes ( important) and WILL move you if necessary...They do thier best to get all of thier hunters into caribou and are usually successful in doing that.. The've been around for years and thier reputation is as good as any in Northern Quebec,and better than most...

A friend of mine has hunted with Hume 10 times..That kind of repeat business speaks for itself...

www.jackhumeadventures.com
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM

YES IT TRUE THE MOST IMPORTANT WHEN YOU BOOK A CARIBOU HUNT MAKE SURE THE OUTFITTER OWN A BUSH PLANE COMPAGNY CLUB CHAMBEAUX OWN OVER 24 BUSH PLANE WHIT3 FLOAT PLANE BASE JUST FOR THE CARIBOU AND ALSO HAVE THE BIGGEST AREA IN CANADA WHIT 2 PROVINCE QUEBEC AND LABRADOR OWN OVER 52 HUNTING SITE HAVE THE HIGHEST SUCCESS IN THE INDUSTERY WHIT 1.98 SINCE 25 YEAR AND GUARANTEED THE HUNT OR FREE TRIP. www.clubchambeaux.com

ps:ask at the outfitter you speak above this post if he own or rent the plane you have a big surprise

more info pm or email [email protected]
Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Inactive

You can also go to the Regional Forums, under Other Countries. There is a post on their about the caribou hunting in Quebec. Many of the guys on there can also help you out. It will also give you an idea about the equipment you need, etc.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER105

Has anybody gone on any Canada Caribou Hunts? I am sure there are many, but who is a good outfitter? Not looking to spend an exorbant amount of money, but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know...
Save your money and go to Mirage! A good caribou hunt will run around $5500.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mirage is a good one and so is safari nordik. i am looking at trying out leaf river outfitters sometime soon.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Spike

I went with Ungava Adventures last Sept. Good hunt with lots of game. I would recommend them, also Safari Nordik as they were the otheroutfitter flying out of same airport as us..heard good things about them from the hunters that were with them. I also know Jack Hume does a good job.

You can't go wrong with any of these 3, I would go with Ungava again in a heart beat but this year I am headed to NM for a trophy elk...!!!

Quick Reply: Caribou Hunts in Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.