Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Big Bull Down!! (Updated w/Story!) >

Big Bull Down!! (Updated w/Story!)

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Bull Down!! (Updated w/Story!)

Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 AM

Default Big Bull Down!! (Updated w/Story!)

Hey everyone, got a really nice bull on the 4th! he green scord 361 4/8". Made a perfect 40yrd shot and he only went 20yrds up a hill and fell over, those Spitfire XP brodheads do the job!

Check out the pic's:
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewHoo.do?type=photoPile&size=LS&logoUrl= http%3A%2F%2Fpictures.aol.com&aimName=kressnmb igbulls&aolAlbumId=1uXYxRKKm4TigLsKh%2B0wXCgsQ xqRjXw23jHOUE2itdiJJdNX5w59hg%3D%3D&noLogo=tru e&bgcolor=000000

Below are pic's fromour antelope hunt back in August:
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewHoo.do?type=photoPile&size=LS&logoUrl= http%3A%2F%2Fpictures.aol.com&aimName=kressnmb igbulls&aolAlbumId=1uXYxRKKm4TigLsKh%2B0wXNarv gerCkqeQTqtsYu%2FE9uJJdNX5w59hg%3D%3D&noLogo=t rue&bgcolor=000000
Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big Bull Down!!

Good lord thats a nice bull!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

great bull congrats
Old 09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking for on about 11 inches smaller but he would do.Nice bull congrates.
BBJ
Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Spike

Congrat's on an awesome bull...

Leaving for New Mexico this Sunday for my archery hunt...a 360 is in my "dreams", but a realistic 5x5 would suffice!!

Again, congrat's...

Any hint with regards to "general" area you took this bull? Pretty wet here lately?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Spike

WOW what a bull...Congrats
Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good lord man, smile a little....

You just killed a bull of a lifetime. Awesome bull.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the great Bull B4B!!!! Would you be interested in telling a little
about the hunt.. leading up to the moment of truth and anything else you want
to add. I won't be able to hunt this year so any details would be great.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: JimLang

Congrat's on an awesome bull...

Leaving for New Mexico this Sunday for my archery hunt...a 360 is in my "dreams", but a realistic 5x5 would suffice!!

Again, congrat's...

Any hint with regards to "general" area you took this bull? Pretty wet here lately?
I'll just sayby Grants,New Mexico and the bull's are just starting to bulge up here, so youshould be getting here at a good time to hunt.

Where are you headed?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: onebigelk

Congratulations on the great Bull B4B!!!! Would you be interested in telling a little
about the hunt.. leading up to the moment of truth and anything else you want
to add. I won't be able to hunt this year so any details would be great.
Sorry guys here it is[&:]

It was Sept. 4th, 4 days into to the archery elk and mule season, and after work I decided to go and sit on a water hole, that we had checked the day before and the elk had been hitting it hard. By 6:00pm I was set up perfectly down wind and about 40 yards from the water, I ranged 4 points, the edge of the water closes to me 38 yards, the left edge 40 yards, the right edge 45 yards, and the far edge 51 yards.
This water hole had sign all over and you could see where a bull had been wallowing. It was almost 7:00pm and I was already wishing I had brought a book or something to do, I have all ways had a hard time sitting water holes, I just don't like it, I always like to get out there and try to make something happen, but being this early in the rut sitting is the best way to get a chance at nice bull.
7:00pm and I am half way through a small bag of roasted almonds, when I heard branches breaking up on the ridge! what ever it was it was big! and there was more then just one! Just about the time I got to my knees ready to shoot, 3 cow elk with 2 caves came out from the trees on a run! They ran right into the water, as soon as they got to the water the bull came out running in toe and right into the water! He looked huge! and he was quartering way from me perfectly and right at 40 yards.
I slowly drew back my bow and laid my 40 yard pin on him drawing a line to his opposite front shoulder settled in and let it fly! The arrow made a perfect landing right where I wanted it! the bull and cows flow 20 yards up the steep bank and stopped looking around in confusment, then the front lags of the bull started to give out, the bull went down and then rolled down the other side of the bank!! HE'S DOWN !!! he is down! I thought to myself, I could not stand myself, I could not believe it!!!!.. The cows stood their for about 2 mins and then they just walked off, I knew he was down, but I still gave him 20min which felt like 20 hours! and then I eased up over the ban to find him laying at the bottom and he was a big bull down!!!

Quick Reply: Big Bull Down!! (Updated w/Story!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.