Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Boots for Colarado Elk Hunt >

Boots for Colarado Elk Hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Boots for Colarado Elk Hunt

Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boots for Colarado Elk Hunt

Hey Bill

great tip on the 1/2 size bigger and like yourself , i too believe that Goretex is the way to go .
We will be hunting around the 10,000ft mark and above , but i do not suffer from cold feet so much . I will try 400grm of insulation with a good pair of woollen socks and zinc oxide tape to prevent blisters .

Thanks again Guys , for your great advice and tips .
Old 07-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: madmax83192

i elk hunt as well and boots is one my last concern as long as there comfertable waterproof im set
I second the motion.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silvertip and Ironranger,

Dave is one of the blokes from England joining us for a hunt. Let's take good care of him , eh?

Dave, I agree. It is critical to have a pair ofboots well worn and broken in before you get here! You can get a second pair to take home (or yu may pull them out for easy strolls if your other pairget wet). I like the fact that you're staying fit. You will need it where we're going!

cheers mate!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of Cabelas Outfitter Series boots and wear them for all my hunting from sitting still to walking around. I bird hunt more than any otherkindof hunting as I guideupland bird hunts 6 months a year on a preserve and love the durability of the boot and the waterproofness, but they are fairly heavy. When I am hunting elk in the mountains, I would like to have a slightly lighter pair of boots. Also, I wear a different pair of shoes/boots in camp to let my hunting boots dry out to help prevent blisters. I have had these boots for over 4 years and they seem bulletproof.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM

I wear lightweight Rockies with no insulation bowhunting in September - but what is most important is that your boots are broken in. The first trip with them they blistered my feet badly because they were new. By the third trip they were irreplaceable. My dad just wears brown sneakers and has for the last 9 years. Comfort is imperative. Can't walk = can't hunt.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

two suggestions. for covering a lot of ground, lowa makes a great mid height boot. I love my irish setter big game trackers, GREAT value at $89, high quality, rugged, comfortablegoretex boot w thinsulate, camo, lightweight. good luck