Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Buck Fever

Old 01-21-2002, 12:19 AM

Default Buck Fever

Ok i will admit it... i get buck fever sometimes. hell the other day i got it just photographing elk. how about you?
Old 01-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Fever

finally learned to control most of it until after I shoot!!! Well havent been on the big bears yet so that may change back in a real hurry LOL.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:27 AM

thats something I thank we all get at some time.I talk to my slef and to the deer or what ever I am hunting.talk under my breath,not out loud.
my wife told me the other day,she said talking to herslef helped.she said she remembered what I said about it.
sometimes nothing helps.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

something that will help, get close to a ton of whitetails during the spring and summer (heck doesnt matter the species) a bou hunt will settle your buckfever if you get into a decent herd or two.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I watched my brother-in-law jump a huge muley and just stand and watch it run off all he could say was he didn't even think about shooting .He got kidded a lot about that one .
Old 01-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome, hope something similar happens after my arrow is gone on my mulie hunt this coming fall....
Old 01-21-2002, 04:17 PM

I get buck fever, even when I doe comes into range. I have learned to "control" it. After the shot is when it sets in for me. This year I shot a doe with my bow at 8 yards, I knew that I had hit her in the boiler room. When I climbed down the tree I thought that I was going to die. My hands and legs were shaking. It is a good feeling after you make a successful shot, a bad feeling before making a shot.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

After shooting at my 1st buck I sat down for a cigarette, I was shaking so hard that I couldn't smoke it, while looking for blood I realized that I had no idea how many shots I had taken, after I found him and saw the size of his rack it got worse, I put a nice gash in my finger with my knife while trying to nothch out the date on my tag.
I still get the fever but not nearly as bad now that I have buck under my belt.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:52 PM

BUCK FEEVER IS A GREAT THING. WHEN I DON'T GET IT ANYMORE I'LL PROBABLY GIVE UP THE HUNT.

CERTIFIED GUN NUT--
Old 01-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

YEAH I USED TO GET IT REALLY BAD, BUT LEARNED HOW TO CALM DOWN.

Quick Reply: Buck Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.