Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Antelope and then off to Yellowstone >

Antelope and then off to Yellowstone

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Antelope and then off to Yellowstone

Old 12-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Antelope and then off to Yellowstone

The kids (love'em)are going to Disney World with the in-laws in 2009. I want to plan a 10 day trip with my wife during this time out west. I'm looking at a 3 day antelope hunt and then off to Yellowstone for some fun.

Please tell me where to go for my first antelope hunt at a decent price. I assume this will be Wyoming.

Please! Drop me some suggestions! I appreciate it!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Antelope and then off to Yellowstone

Antelope hunts in Wyoming and South Dakota are available at www.huntsd.net
Old 12-30-2007, 09:29 AM

i live in wyoming and we drew area 63 and we had tons of luck we were presented shots the first five minuets! yeah im prety sure it was area 63 anyways, we filled our tags the first day, be sure you can make long shots...

p.s. this area is real easy for DIY hunts, half of the roads are wide, not many two tracks, but it was easy, if your also considering DIY
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is DIY? IS this a non-resident hunt without a guide? WIll I need a guide?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 PM

DIY- do it yourself

umm if you do your studying and research and feel confident about a DIY hunt, it may save you money but speed goats present some long shots and some running shots so also prepare or that with or without a guide...

also are your bow or rifle hunting? the above applys for rifle, if your bow hunting then i would recemend a guide
Old 12-31-2007, 08:23 AM

Montana has a lot of turbo goats as well and its on the way to Jellystone. Not sure what you're planning on doing with a carcass while you tramps around the park? Bring a cooler and some plastic bags then quarter up the goat to keep.

Word of advise, if you plan on eating it, make sure you don't run it prior to shooting it, they are notoriously foul tasting if you run 'em prior to shooting them. Otherwise they can be very good eating.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

The kids (love'em)are going to Disney World with the in-laws in 2009. I want to plan a 10 day trip with my wife during this time out west. I'm looking at a 3 day antelope hunt and then off to Yellowstone for some fun.

Please tell me where to go for my first antelope hunt at a decent price. I assume this will be Wyoming.

Please! Drop me some suggestions! I appreciate it!
Definitely go to Randy Routier's place. If you don't come home with an antelope you're waaayyyy too picky. lol He's got some big'uns on his place. I took a 14 1/2 goat with archery tackle. I'm pleased! In the evenings, you can sit on the porch and watch the antelope and muleys come in to feed. AND the Archer's Choice Posse typically go there each year. I believe he's also played host to Brenda Valentine.

snip posted the link. I'm the chick with the goat in the '07 bowhunting section
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely check out Randy Routier's!!!!!! It was definitely a hunt of a lifetime the experience we had.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt themin area 330 in montana. next to west yellowstone. Some of those ranchers are happy for you to come and shoot them off their land.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

arg I'm jealous, for some reason of all the game in the Americas, antelope is what i want to hunt the most. Hopefully in a year or two.....

Quick Reply: Antelope and then off to Yellowstone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.