Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Changing Rules on National Lands? >

Changing Rules on National Lands?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Changing Rules on National Lands?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changing Rules on National Lands?

The more I think about this, if allowed to happen, it will put the Anti-Hunting extremest one step closer to a all out hunting ban in the near future. Myself I am going on a letter writing frenzy over this.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like more government control, already wrecking our area. Used to be able to camp in favorite spots on the Selway, first come first serve basis. Now you have to reserve prime spots up to a year in advance inorder to camp in the prime summer months, so now I camp there early and late in the season, I'll be d@@@ed if I have to plan and reserve a camping trip a year in advanced on the internet. All this does is provide more Big brother control of public ground, I am tired of forest service cops and officials acting like they own our public ground, they don't, we do. I avoid camping in their pet areas now since I get tired of some guy with a gun comming into my camp multiple times a day to check on me and to tell me what I am doing wrong in their opinion, I go to the woods to get away, not to be interogated. A person has to pack a file cabinet full of permits and tags just to go camping these days. Now they keep closing access down left and right, "to protect the environment, or due to lack of funds, or for our own safety." This is just to make it to where we only can go and stay where the officials want, so they can better control us, and increase their revenues by forcing us to camp in their designated sites.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM

PA Elkoholic. your post made me register for this site. just hearing your story pissed me off. That outfitter had no right fencing off any area and warning you to stay clear of an area. Things like that just ruin the hunting experience for everyone except maybe his clients that don't know any better. Not to mention driving off the trail in the ATV. that's right up there with someone stealing your tree stand our taking gear from your campsite as is the possibility of the forest service changing the rules for the benefit of the outfitters. I've been fed up with those who are disrespectful of others while hunting and of the forest itself and what craig is suggesting is just like taking your ATV off the trail. time we all took a stand
Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 PM

im sorry but i hate guides and outfitters!!! they are NOT needed by real hunters. they are just leeches that charge lots of $$$

i love scouting for game and planning my own hunts. why would i pay someone to have all the fun for me?

hunting is going to turn into a pro bass fishing kind of thing thanks to these guides and crap. i ll be damned if i ever hire a guide
Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM

I couldnt leave a comment.... the page said (error occured) Cant imagine that, I say this.
Cant believe all the changes that has gone on, remember the signs along the highway that said (protect your national forest) along the highways that went through the national forest, now they have some forest fire prevention crap on the signs, Our national forest that isnt controlled by American Citizens, I think there should be a vote as to say what and how things should be done on our National Forest's.
I here say that our National Forests and National parks is what has been put up for collateral at the world bank, and China owns 25% of it all ready, the wilderness's with in the national forest is excluded from the collateral because of the endangered spieces.... ever think about what would happen if they cloned and reintroduced about 250 charles manson's in Washington DC.?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This proposal is dead in the water.
No governor in the west will allow this to move forward in his state. Remember the congressman & Senators are voted in by residents of there states. This is dead in the water.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wolf killer
This proposal is dead in the water.
No governor in the west will allow this to move forward in his state. Remember the congressman & Senators are voted in by residents of there states. This is dead in the water.
GOOD
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 PM

hi there.thanks for sharing link with us....
Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Spike

yeah no kiddin. we've already paid over and over with our taxes to use it. it's gotta end somewhere
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Spike

can we say;
O.B.A.M.A.

Quick Reply: Changing Rules on National Lands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.