Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Affordable Moose Hunt

Old 12-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Affordable Moose Hunt

This doesn't have much to do with hunting in maine but I was sitting in my treestand this fall bow hunting whitetails and had this moose walk by my stand about 6 yards,he not a big one but I'm going to a apply for a tag next fall,I know he's not going any were.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 AM

do a search for nwota,, and take a look at that site.. Lots of cabin rental places in northern ontario offer moose hunt packages that can be had for about 1000-1500 per person.. you will get 1 adult tag for a group of 4,, the other 3 get calf tags.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

What you said is pretty well true. Most outfitters in Ontario are allotted Outfitter Tags, but not very many. Take us for instance.....

We offer an Archery Moose hunt for $2000.00 for 2 people. 1 adult tag and 1 calf tag.

We offer a Firearm Moose hunt for $3000.00 for 4 people. 1 adult tag and 3 calf tags.

Both hunts are plus 14% tax and the cost of your non-resident license.

That's pretty average for everywhere in Ontario except for fly-in's.

www.spruceshillingcamp.com

Old 12-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Check out Newfoundland Canada, I am sure there are non resident hunts for 2k or less. But I know you have to go through an outfitter.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could set you up for a "pretty much" guarantee 45 - 65 inch in Newfoundland CA, for $3400..Rack Lake Outfittlers...That's the best I can do. I have a beauty on my wall and he is awesome to look at every day. Not many funds here either...the big bucks hunts kinda dwindled when my babies arrived...
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I could set you up for a "pretty much" guarantee 45 - 65 inch in Newfoundland CA, for $3400..Rack Lake Outfittlers...That's the best I can do. I have a beauty on my wall and he is awesome to look at every day. Not many funds here either...the big bucks hunts kinda dwindled when my babies arrived...
Thats a good deal!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

45" to 65" in NEWFOUNDLAND...??

Any Newfie bull over 40 " is a big one...

What you been SMOKIN', Son ..??.......
Old 12-29-2007, 01:51 PM

I say go to your nearest moose filled area, without a guide, so scout a little before season! And call and walk lots, pay attention to your lakes and sloughs (good set of hip waders is gold) Use top quality scents and take your time, for their size moose can be very quiet until they are near you. So pay very close attention and they are blind so you dont need to be invisible, but the hearing on them is unreal, they dont mind you walking heavy, they think it is another moose, but call as you go. and watch behind, you might find one on you tail, lol. But that will be the cheapest and the most enjoyable time you will ever have, simple is key here. If you hunt a lake , you can even troll the lake slowly( If laws allow) And call out of the boat, my moose was shot out of the boat, but go slow.the motor doesnt bother them, neither does a quad engine, but keep the rpms low. When i shot , i heard another bull calling to him after i let loose!!! Calling is awesome. But you dont need a guide, hunting with a guide i feel isnt even hunting, all you are is the shooter, the real hunter is your guide, to me that should be his trophy. By yourself will be cheap and satisfying but you will definately need a partner to go with , lets faceit they arent deer!!!! Good Luck
Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep an eye on Maine, it is currently being decided on bringing the moose tags up as much as 3 to 4times the amount currently allowed..

Here is what it is all about... http://bangornews.com/news/t/sports.aspx?articleid=158538&zoneid=23

This should increase some chances if it was to pass..
Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

My wife and I have been applying for Moose in Maine for the past 9 years and haven't been drawn.

Quick Reply: Affordable Moose Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.