Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

BEAR CUB HUNTERS

Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default BEAR CUB HUNTERS

here is latest.
the bear cub hunters are LEAVING guts in cub bears so they weight more at check stations.
some show 40 pds,most likely should be around 29 pds ..

isnt it great how these PROUD cub killers find a way to make themselves look good.

boy, are they great shots, they say,OH THEY WERE AT 150 YDS RUNNING,I COULD NOT TELL IF IT WAS CUB?
all shots are in head,boy, isnt that something.

TRUTH is cubs were close,not runningand they did not want to ruin MEAT.

i have been hunting bear for 50 years and i never in my life seen such disgusting hunter as CUB KILLER.......
Old 12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BEAR CUB HUNTERS

I guess I do not get the point of this one??? Is this a major problem somewhere???
Old 12-11-2007, 02:51 PM

This is my bear from this year.. The exact bear I wanted to shoot. 75 lbs? Is there something wrong with killing small bears? I shot him by a campground with my bow, he was becoming a problem for campers anyways!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

He just likes to complain about hunters killing things. Don’t shoot cubs. Don’t shoot does & fawns.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot whatever makes you happy.
Who cares what other people think.
Clinty... that bear hasa very nice coat on it.

I shot a small sow black bear a few years ago that everyone gave me s#$% for... she dressed out around 100lb. Everyone called me a cub killer.. That bear meant as much to me as my 2 P&Y bears over 300lb!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Gotcha sproulman. I think PA has always set bear standards too low, thus encouraging the cub killing you rant about. Having hunted there 35 yrs I can see where it may be hard to tell a cub in the laurel. But head size tells a lot. PA bear hunting is world class but they still kill way too many really small ones.I just dont know a legislated solution to the prob.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

This post isn't even worth a response. The PGC says any PA bear is legal - period. Its entirely up to the individual pulling the trigger.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

clinty, very pretty bear. Let people shoot what they want to shoot. You want to raise standards? raise your own.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

He just likes to complain about hunters killing things. Don’t shoot cubs. Don’t shoot does & fawns.
rybo, thats not correct,you know that..
lets talk,yes, i think if hunter legally shoots cub here in pa. thats disgusting..he is not SPORTSMAN..

as for shooting DOE,if you havelots of doe, no problem shooting a mature doe but thats not case here in WMU2G..
now on to most disgusting, shooting a FAWN...

oh i forgot, hunters that shoot fawns have same EYESIGHT as ones that shoot a baby cubs,i guess i should feel sorry for the disabled that cant see , BUT shoot the fawns and cubs in head at 150 yds running.

its MEAT and filling TAGS ,not hunt anymore.........
Old 01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I understand what you are saying. but I hunt both PA and Ohio. I hunt Indianna county pennsylvania and I did not shoot a deer there this year, despite having a doe tag. The reason being I got a couple in ohio, and my dad tagged out first day. We do shoot for meat. We do not buy any other red meat throughout the year. we eat only deer. and if presented with a shot on a young deer, i would rarely pass it. the only reason i passed so many this year was because we had enough. Some people have to shoot the first thing they see.

Quick Reply: BEAR CUB HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.