Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Snowshoe Lake

Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Spike

Default Snowshoe Lake

Has anyone hunted with Ron Hicks? I am looking for a moose hunting outfitter in Newfoundland.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Default RE: Snowshoe Lake

I have hunted at Snowshoe twice now, I can't imagine recommending anyone any higher. These are salt of the earthfolks that put you up in down home style.They will take youin as family, work hard to getthe animal you want, feed you good home cooking, and keep you you laughing the whole week. Ron, family, and guides will tailorthe hunt to your condition and stamina, the better shape you are in, the more area they can and will cover with you. ( You will NEVER be able to tire the guides out!).Ron takes care of all the paperwork that you will need to get back across the Canadian border, both times we went through Customs, they basically waved us through because the paperwork was all done and he has such a good reputation. They will also take care of making sure your meat and antlers are taken care of, and all of this is part of the package, I simply cannot say enough good about Ron and his family! You will need to book early, as their reputation is spreading, you will not be dissappointed. I cannot wait to go back for another hunt with them. If you want to email me, feel free to do so, I can put you in contact with a couple of others that have hunted with them also. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Spike

Every thing slo-bo said is right on about snowshoe lake. I have hunted with John, Berny and Ron three times, shot three moose and had a great time doing it. The guides are hard working and do what ever it takes to get you and animal, if you are willing to do the same. Berny will keep you laughing and well fed the entire time.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with all of the above. First rateoutfitter in some of Newfoundlands best area. Bernies home cooking will put the pounds on you and the guides will take them off. I have been 3 times in the last 5 years with 100% success and always saw plenty of shooters while caribou hunting. The moose where there too. 5 star in my book and they always have the greatest guides.