Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Want something to holler about? >

Want something to holler about?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Want something to holler about?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Want something to holler about?

I'm a little worn out on "oh how unsportsmanlike" "you're giving hunting a bad name"and "oh how terrible you are to take that shot" stuff that is going on lately. Its a free country and free forum, so all opinions are appreciated of course.

But, I thought I'd stir the pot.... here is how you take care of live trapped hogs. For anyone who does not hunt hogs, or have hogs on their place... this is a most acceptable and sportsmanlike practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqqeXCXcj6U

Discuss.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want something to holler about?

To that I say "SO?"

Why the heck does it have any business on a hunting website???

I hope it's not as close as you've ever been to "big game hunting". If so, you really need to get out more.

It should be removed from this website so there is no confusion that it has nothing to do with hunting and is not considered "hunting" by anyone. Shame on you.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

To that I say "SO?"

I hope it's not as close as you've ever been to "big game hunting". If so, you really need to get out more.

It should be removed from this website so there is no confusion that it has nothing to do with hunting and is not considered "hunting" by anyone. Shame on you.

Read for comprehension here.

Go on almost any of the threads on this site. There will, at any one time, be someone who is calling someone else unethical, unsportsmanlike, a bad hunter, reckless, giving hunting a bad name, etc etc etc.

You just executed a PERFECT, and I do mean PERFECT example of exactly what I am talking about. Shame on me? Heck no, SHAME ON YOU, the ETHICS police.

Hunters hurt each other so much more than any anti hunters ever could.

As to it being considered, "hunting" actually, its more like trapping... but it does go hand in hand doesn't it. Feral hog removal by the means of a bullet.

PS: Self Edited for content in the name of fairness and good fun debate.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha... no trust me, I have done my fair share. Seriously man, you act as if it were me popping those pigs. Do you have hogs on your farm? Or have you ever been hog hunting? Whats your prefered method?

You know what... it doesn't matter... because I don't care. You know why... cause its YOUR HUNT! And you can conduct it however you please!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, "hunters" (so-called) do hurt hunters.

For example: when a "hunter" posts a video of animals being shot (multiple times because of poor marksmanship) while in a cageon a hunting website and tries to pass it off as some philosophical statement about the lack of brotherhood or some such non-sense.

Meanwhile some newbie or undecided person could see it and be confused that some real hunter calls that hunting (and "big game hunting" I guess since it's in this forum).

Either way itrediculous and if you've been getting called out by what you deem are the "ethics police", perhaps there's good reason for it.

You can go shoot all the pigs in a pen you want (if you can hit them), but it has nothing to do with this forum or website or hunting.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 AM

That's not hunting, it's trapping and It would be better in the trapping forum. Dispatching animals caught in a trap doesn't really take any skill. All the skill involved in trapping revolves around trap placement, baiting, etc. I don't know how this video would ever get lumped in with actual "hunting".
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

To that I say "SO?"

Read for comprehension here.

Go on almost any of the threads on this site. There will, at any one time, be someone who is calling someone else unethical, unsportsmanlike, a bad hunter, reckless, giving hunting a bad name, etc etc etc.

You just executed a PERFECT, and I do mean PERFECT example of exactly what I am talking about. Shame on me? Heck no, SHAME ON YOU, the ETHICS police.

As to it being considered, "hunting" actually, its more like trapping... but it does go hand in hand doesn't it. Feral hog removal by the means of a bullet.

PS: Self Edited for content in the name of fairness and good fun debate.
i'm in agreeance with SC on this one. definately too much "holier than thou" on this site.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

My aim here folks is to get people to loosen up a bit. This forum is supposed to be fun. Hence the pictures with the rabbit with a pancake on its head. Doesn't always have to make sense. Its just supposed to be fun.

Not everything has to be an attack againest hunting. Nor is everyone but you a slob hunter, or an unethical hunter. Go wait on the side of a field with a handful of golf balls and chuck them at spotlighters if you want to do some good!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed with Swamp Collie.

I remember some dude on this site said he would take the flight back home from the Texas outfitter that hadn't told him that it's high-fence, but it was 8,000 acres!
And even though it was 8,000 acres, he said he'd still go back on the plane.

Quicksilver actually posted a thread and made the scenario, and he was an ethics policeman.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: younggun308

Agreed with Swamp Collie.

I remember some dude on this site said he would take the flight back home from the Texas outfitter that hadn't told him that it's high-fence, but it was 8,000 acres!
And even though it was 8,000 acres, he said he'd still go back on the plane.

Quicksilver actually posted a thread and made the scenario, and he was an ethics policeman.
See and thats fine. You can be an ethics policeman, however, you can't control anyone else's ethics but your own. Its like trying to tell someone that black eye'd peas taste like crap. I think they do, but tons of folks love'em. So now lets get into a fight about whether or not you should/should not like to eat black eye'd peas! Its all personal preference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.