Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Consultant

Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Hunting Consultant

I am looking for some information on a hunting consultant that is personable, professional and someone I can trust to book me quality once in a lifetime type Archery Hunts. I will start out with Elk, then a few other species before moving onto Red Stag and S.A. In my searches, I have come across “The Outfitter Network.” It appears that he also has the Elk Camp.com site and does some speaking at RMEF events.

I have also looked at Cabela’s T.A.G.S., United States Outfitters, Bullseye Outdoor Adventures Inc, Steve's Outdoor Adventures and Archery Only Consultants. Please provide any experiences with using The Outfitter Network or any of the consultants listed above? Or if you have a hunting consultant that you would recommend.

BSLugnut
Old 06-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Hunting Consultant

bslugnut,

My brother-in-law took off this morning for a three week hunt in Africa. He met his PH through an outfitter that is very involved with the British Columbia Outfitters Association. If you want to, contact either Tim or Oz (Tim's wife) at Shadow Mountain Outfitters (www.huntshadowmountainoutfitters.com). If they can't help you, they will know someone that can.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Chris Denham with Western Hunter magazine. He would be more than happy to help you out. Tell him the crazy guy from idaho sent you.............................. he is out of Arizona............
Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Spike

I have spoken to Jason Berger at Cabelas and he is very knowledgeable. I am definitely going to use him when I book my next hunt. You don't want to get burned like I did this past year not using someone who has done the homework for you. Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 AM

Keith Atcheson with Atcheson & Son's out of Butte Montanais the best. He is everything you described. Give him a call you will not be disappointed. check out their website:
http://www.atcheson.com

Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Elkcrazy8 - You mentioned to check out Chris Denham with Western Hunter magazine. I have found articles on him or that he co-wrote. But, nothing on Western Hunter Magazine as to where or how to buy it. I only items that I found were http://www.westernhunter.com/and http://www.westernhunting.comand http://www.monstermuleys.com. Could you assist me in providing any additional info to contact him and the mag?

Thanks,
BSLugnut
Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

bslugnut, I sent you pm.