Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Seeking info on bear hunting with a bow >

Seeking info on bear hunting with a bow

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Seeking info on bear hunting with a bow

Old 05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Spike

Default Seeking info on bear hunting with a bow

Anyone one know of a good place to go. I'm not really set on a particular area to hunt. This would be my first time to ever hunt bear. Anyone know a good outfitter?

Thanks!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seeking info on bear hunting with a bow

I would look up in the Alberta area. They have some nice bears up there. I don't know what you would spend on an outfitter though or who would be good or not. Anyone else care to provide some info???
Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM

go with alberta
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM

What are you looking for? Bait or spot and stalk? Bait you got lots of choices, pretty much every where Alberta to the east coast there are big bears. But if your looking for spot and stalk, head over the rockies into BC.
Here is my latest spot and stalk bear I took this guy from the interior of BC, nothing like having one of these guys in bow range at eye level.

Kirby
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Spike

I'm definetly going with an outfitter. I keep finding a lot about hunting up in Canada but that is farther than what I want to travel at this time. I think I may try to hunt in Colorado or New Mexico. Some place more central. I'm not so concerned with going where the biggest bear are and all that. I would like to see a lot of bears of course and I am pretty sure I want to go with an outfitter. I actually thought about contacting the San Carlos in Arizona and see what they have. I have seen their elk and that place is truely amazing. But bear hunting is all new to me and I think I would feel better going with a guide/outfitter. It would be different if all my friends had done something like this before and knew what to expect and all but that's not the case. I will find an outfitter eventually.