Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge >

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Old 03-03-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Here's another interesting article about the wolf problem. Mother Nature may have it's own way of dealing with wolves.
http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...25-century.txt
Old 03-03-2007, 08:34 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Our grandfathers sure knew how to flat out "get with the program."
Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about the part of people introducing something like that into wild animals, even when they are undesireble or a nuisance. People playing around trying to intervene, usually ends up making things worse.
Eventually, it does seem that thing balance out. I'm not saying people don't play a part in the process. I just think that we need to be careful. Many species of animals and plants that have become bigger problems than the original problems they were introduce to solve.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your grandfathers selfish thinking and actingis the reason we are in the predicament we are in today concerning the wolves.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Your grandfathers selfish thinking and actingis the reason we are in the predicament we are in today concerning the wolves.
WRONG!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Irony at its finest hour. One animal (humans) who have multiplied at an alarming rate and migrated to inhabit all corners of the earth, Ferrell Primates if you will, are discussing the eradication of one of natures finest animals. The wolf has an important job. It separates the week, diseased or genetically inferior from the rest, kills it, and cleans up after its self. But, since it is creative enough to make its way through our low cost (remember, we don’t want to pay too much) cattle fences, we must destroy it. Have we lost our creativity? Have we become unintelligent through our selfish views?

“If you were to look at the world from third persons point of view, the human, would appear to be infested like a rodent, and would need to be exterminated for the rest of the world to live in peace.”

Jacque Custo

Oh look, the infested, obese naked apes don’t like the hungry wolves killing their #1 source of saturated fat and cholesterol. Sounds like a big problem! But the bigger problem is that we have become so lazy and fat, that we can’t stand to get off of our couch, turn of the TV and leave the air conditioning to go see this problem first hand. I know – go create a nasty disease in a lab somewhere and give it to the wolves. That way, I can sit right here and enjoy my steak dinner. I won’t be inconvenienced even a bit…

Man’s best friend is the offspring of the wolf, but I guess we have no use for them anymore. Let’s just go play god.

This type of activity makes me embarrassed to be human.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Igot news for you they were your grandfathers too!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

I'm kinda thinking our "grandfather's selfish acting and thinking" (read "get-the-friggin'-job-done") accounts for how we won two world wars each in less than 4 years....

Nowadays, it seems the touchy-feely, politically correct, goody-two-shoes, be-all-things-to-all-people folksare running the show.... progress?

I think no.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

amen brother!

ORIGINAL: EKM

I'm kinda thinking our "grandfather's selfish acting and thinking" accounts for how we won two world wars in less than 4 years each....

Nowadays, it seems the politically correct, goody-two-shoes, enviro wackos are running the show.... impressive.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

caseless5,
I see you commented while I was still editing, oh well, I stand behind either version.

Quick Reply: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.