Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge >

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

What a lame argument. Yes Canada has wolves but 99.9 percent of Canadians have never seen a wolf and will not be so fortunate in their life times, to see one. By your standard they are all experts. I have about 10 skins hanging on my wall............from grey to blue to black.
For all I know you live in downtown Boicey and probably have never seen one either. Your opinion is not worth any more or less than someone in New York City, get over it.

(ps; Almost all the German soldiers killed in WW2 died in Russia (75%) at the hands of the Russians. God Bless their souls but the British, French, Americans, Poles, Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans,etc etc only killed of 25% between them all.) You just didn't see THAT movie.

ORIGINAL: caselesss5

nobody is going to go back and read your posts from that long ago. beside the fact still remains that you DO NOT live in wolf country. your opinion is base on what you have read in the news and heard from other people in colorado. on the other hand those of us who live in wolf country know exactly what is happening and many have had encounters, and not the "oooooh looky a wolf" kind.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

something for you all to think about.

The same people that killed off the wolf and "got it done" that you hold in such high regards are the exact same people that brought the numbers of elk from over 10,000,000 (ten MILLION) and spread across the entirecontinentto right at a current high of1,000,000 today and limited to mostly the Rocky Mountains.

See, most people that understand animal conservation also understand the fact that to have a ballanced eco system for these animals to thrive in thenenough of both predator and preymust be present. Right now the Prey aspect of the equation is lacking.

We must have predators but their numbers must also be controled, just like every other species of animal on this continent.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

well if im so off on my information about wolves somebody please tell me how it is in idaho because the last time i checked the majority of people yaking in this forum are not from idaho.

fine BB deal with the wolves in colorado however you want i don't care, i don't plan on hunting in colorado anyway. and if you want predators give me a gun, and i'm all the predator you need. but i will tell you right now i'm a predator to your precious wolves too!

and tango, i don't live in BOISE i live in middle of idaho, get a map and tell me i'm not i wolf country. see them everyday, seen 4 this morning when i was calving. and i don't know what movie you saw but i read history books, and the only reason the germans in russia all died was because hilter got greedy and thought he could cross mountains in the winter time without enough supplies, besides the freezing temps.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

There is a cycle that all animals go through, but I forget what it is called. But, it starts off with low population when compared to the food sources. Then it balances out and there is just enough to go around (this is where good hunting practices should be employed) and finally the next stage is not enough food for the population, sickness/disease set in and get the numbers back to where they should be.

My question is - why do we need to play god? Let nature work its course, and hunt them if you like. But do it in a manner that will actually help them. If anyone is over populated it is us. Can we not look inward? Do we not find comfort in the truth?

If you were to figure out what the top one hundred dangers were in the forest, and then eliminate them, you would not have fixed the forest. You would have ruined it!
I want to repeat, I believe in strong management!We need to protect our communities, livestock, and mainly our children from these professional killers. When something is bad you deal with it! **ck being politically correct(I'm not talking about breaking the law).

KP, Find comfort in this truth! What do you think the top one hundred dangers to our children are?What is your opinion on child molesters? Should we let them in the playground?
Well I guess we could "what if" this thing to death, but, as far as our children (which I do have four of) and the dangers that they face. I'd have to say all the ones near the top of the list (most likely to occur) would be self inflicted or associated with humans. At my house the biggest dangers would be automobiles, my swimming pool, trampoline, swing set, horses, electrocution, poison and so on.

I don't live in Florida because I don't want my house to get blown over in a hurricane. Sure I love the beach and palm trees, but is it worth it?

I don't live in New Orleans because you don't need an expert to know there's going to be a flood. People are going back there! Why?

For those same reasons, I wouldn't live in a place infested with wolves! "Wow honey, look at that huge pack of hungry wolves, what do you say we build a house right here? Can you just see our children playing inthe yard next to all the pretty wild life".

Alaska is beautiful, I'd love to own some property there. If I were to buy some, I'm pretty sure I'd know that I may have an encounter with a bear while fishing for salmon. So I'd plan... Notdisease them and send them back to their den. We can't use those tactics on terrorists. And I'd rather live near the wolves than the terrorists any day.

Sounds to me like there is a problem with the laws if you're having trouble and can't shoot them. I just don't agree that anyone can really predict the final outcome of giving them diseases. This sounds like something the NAZI party came up with to eliminate the Jews.

And as far as child molesters go, I have to agree, you must have a point, because if I could I'd poison/disease them and send them back to hang with the others if I could. But I can think of no worse insult to wolves than to compare them to child molesters.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

NOW HEAR THIS......
If you do not currently live in Idaho you are not allowed to research have an opinion about wolves. Only the people that live inIdaho are smart enough to form an educated opinion.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

We’re talking about Idaho? No wonder the wolves are out of control… They’re sick of eating potatoes!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....Right now the Prey aspect of the equation is lacking...."
Au Contrare! IMO, prey is abundant and man is doing a fine job in the Predator role in controlling the populations and at the same time making rural economies go.

Domestic Elk populations are mostly doing great where the wolves haven't been reintroduced....
Not so good at all where they have been.

Had a good thing going and someone just couldn't resist screwing around with it in the name of science.
The old rancher up in Hinton Alberta that confronted the USFW about what they were about to "unleash" saw it all coming back in 1995 and here we sit.... as predicted, duh big surprise.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

NOW HEAR THIS......
If you do not currently live in Idaho you are not allowed to research have an opinion about wolves. Only the people that live inIdaho are smart enough to form an educated opinion.

hey you said not me buddy.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Look.....................I have killed about 10 wolves and have seen maybe 200 in my life. Some of my neighbours have killed more than a 100.But get this, I am no expert and know very little about them. (I only know how to hunt them)
Being a hunter, even an Idaho hunter, doesn't make us expert at much.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

i have never claimed to be an expert on wolves. i have seen anybody in this forum claim to be an expert. but what i do know is how many wolves are around idaho and what they are doing the deer and elk herds, my livestock, my neighbors and the pets in the area.

all im saying is im tired of people lumping wolves in all the states together and saying it works here so i will work everywhere. the fact is that doesn't work. idaho needs to deal with wolves in the best way for idaho. everybody else can do what they want but don't tell me how it should be done in MY backyard.

Quick Reply: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.