Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide) >

What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide)

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide)

Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide)

I just wanted to give everybody a heads-up regarding Trophyseekers Worldwide. I had filled out the info sheet request on HuntingNet.com requesting info for an elk hunt. I provided all infoexcept formy phone number because I have a new residence and it's not hooked up yet. All others sent me detailed info by either email, postal mail, or both...except Tony Ruggeri owner/founder from Trophyseekers Worldwide. Instead he sent me this rude email. See below email correspondance he sent me (on bottom), then my response back to him on top. This is definitely a company/person I'm glad not to do business with!!

MY RESPONSE BACK TO HIM:

Tony,
....Don't have home phone at the time because just moved into new residence and phone is not installed yet. It wasn't a "trust" issue, as you wrongly assumed.
Thanks for not sending me your information. All others sent it in convenient and easy-to-read email attachment or print form. They also provided me with their phone numbers so that I may call them when convenient.You should consider all circumstances (i.e. no phone available, etc.) rather than consider only yourself when corresponding with "potential" clients (which I'm not).
I'll be sure not to contact you or inconvenience you again. Maybe you had a bad day, or everyday is a bad one for you...who knows. With an email response like your own I surely don't want to deal with you professionally, however, and I know that others won't as well (I'll be sure to let them know every chance I get).
Scott

TONY RUGGERI'S ORIGINAL EMAIL TO ME:

#yiv2084839227 v\:* {}
#yiv2084839227 o\:* {}
#yiv2084839227 w\:* {}
#yiv2084839227 .shape {}

#yiv2084839227 st1\:*{}

Scott,

If you do not trust me with your phone number You do not get my information.

Tony Ruggeri
Trophyseekers Worldwide, Owner & Founder
[/align]
Old 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide)

LOL Sounds like a real class act there...be thankful...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to me you got the allinfo you needed on this guy and you didn't even have to ask a question.
Take your sharpy and put a line right through his outfit.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

sellme69,

I must admit, you handled that situation exceptionaly well. I love it and I'm sure this person is kicking himself profusely. I would go one step further and recommend he read your post on HN.

Well Done,
dog1
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

WELL DONE
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 AM

You wouldn't think a outfitter would treat potential clients like that. Shame on him, good for you, nice rebuttal.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM

I guess I'll be filing that name in my mind as a "NO GO"

Tony may learn that the internet is very powerful
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Just to let everybody know, Tony did send an apology back to me (shown below). Too late though....First impressions and actions go a long way, and if someone is an ass this quick in an email, you can guess how he'd be in the woods with you. At least he had the decency to realize what he did and apologized......:

Dear Scott,
My apologies if my earlier reply seemed abrupt. That was not my intent. I admit my wording was poorly chosen, and I take responsibility for that. Right now during the show season, I am on the road 80% of the time, and I try to answer all my inquiries while I am home so I can deal with each potential client personally. That is easier for me to accomplish, and far less time consuming by phone than by composing emails for each of dozens and dozens of inquiries.

The fact is I get many requests from persons who want information, but refuse their phone numbers by filling in the required field with “dummy” data. And I accept their right to their privacy. Some, as with yourself may not have a phone or have a problem with their phone. Usually they tell me as much in the message section of the inquiry form.

Again…If I blew it with you…I accept that. No one is perfect. The message here is merely that if I “slighted” you, it was not intentional. Good luck in your search for a hunt.

Regards,

Tony Ruggeri
Trophyseekers Worldwide, Owner & Founder

Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

THINK THE MESSAGE GOT ACROSS !!?
i CAN UNDERSTAND THE PREASURE THESE GUYS HAVE ,GOING FROM SHOW TOO SHOW (BUT) ALL QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE ANSWERED IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. The greatest of luck in your hunt. GB 50
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM

That was worse then giving you a reference to someone who didn't like him.What kind of hunt were you looking for maybe we can help?

[/align]

Quick Reply: What NOT to look for in outfitter (Trophyseekers Worldwide)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.