Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Processer spoiled my elk!

Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Processer spoiled my elk!

My wife picked up the meat of my first elk from the processor. She just called me at work and said the meat is spoiled! I shot the elk on Jan 15 and dropped it of as soon as we got back to town on the morning of the 16th. The elk was skinned within 2 hours of being shot and the temp. never got above 30 degrees from the time it was shot to the time it was delevired. When I dropped it off he said it would be ready in about a week. A week went by and he never called. We tried many times to get in touch with him and on the rare occasion that we did he always had anexcuse why we couldn't get it. He either didn't have the keys to the shop, was out of town or had a family emergency. The guy is about 50yrs old and twice in this time he used the grandma died excuse. After both of these he used the grandma sick in hospital excuse. Three days ago we stopped by and my wife sat in the car while I went to the door. His wife said he wasn't home. My wife seen him through the window walk to the back of the house before his wife ansewered the door. I told here to file a report today. It is not often I get mad enough to shake but this has done it. It's not so much the disrespect of me, it's the disrespect to the elk. I get very upset about things like that. His name is Kendall and his shop is called the Butcher Block in Woodward OK. Help me out and spread the woed guys.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Default RE: Processer spoiled my elk!

man that really sucks,sounds like he screwed up early on and was rightfully afraid to face the music. I would report him to the BBB at the very least. And if I had friends on the PD an ass whoopin may be in order !

Old 02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hire a lawer and find out what the market value of domestic elk is. If he won't fess up to his error, then put it to him.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:37 PM

good call i would do the same.

First call your local fish and game and see what they have to say. Might save you the attorney fee's.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

If that doesn't work SUE him!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Wow that sucks i know if i were you i would try and get something out of it since he screwed you over.

This is just one of the reasons i was fortunate enough to beable to learn from a prof butcher on how to cut animals up so therefore im able to do my own.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

This is the first time for me to use a processor. I always did deer myself. The elk was just too much meat and I had to leave for work the next morning. My job requires me to stay here and supervise this drilling rig 24hrs a day in 4 day shifts. We are already taking legal action. Because of his poor ethics and total disrespect of wildlife I plan to stick it to him as hard as possible. In just a few hours I have already came across 2 other people he has done this to. I plan to do everything I can to put a stop to this.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 PM

SRY to hear that, thats why I do it myself any more. Its sad to waste good meat.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM

Excuse my ignorance.. but how is it possible to spoil the elk? Leave it out in the heat? You would think processors have ALL the equipment needed such as a cooler...
Old 02-13-2007, 07:40 AM

That really sucks. I would go the BBB route and or small claims court.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Processer spoiled my elk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.