Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Got 'er Done... (with pics) >

Got 'er Done... (with pics)

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Got 'er Done... (with pics)

Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Got 'er Done... (with pics)

I had jus gotten off work at about 230 this afternoon when one of my buddies gave me a call n suggested we go hog huntin since we hadnt been in a while... so I complied n we headed out to our favorite spot, its now about 3pm... where we hunt is private property and it consists of 8 large fields side by side, one after another and seperated by some thick hardwoods... we had hopped 6 fields by about 7pm n saw nothin all day, so I suggested that we make the rounds to the last field n call it a day... so as we start walkin towards the last field I spotted a hog about 100 yrds away n me n my buddy moved in... very quietly we got into about 60 yrds from the hog, I pulled up the binocs to get a better view n it looked decent, so we crept up about 20 more yards... the gun I was totin at the time was a Ruger .44 mag carbine, one of my favorite brush guns for the area we hunt n does the job quite nicely... I quickly loaded 1 Hornady Hollow Point into the chamber n filled the magazine with 4 more... I scanned the area for a good minute or 2 to make sure this fella wasnt taggin along the whole family n he wasnt, he was ALL ALONE... at first he started walkin away from us into the hardwoods n I waited for a better shot, he disappeared outa sight for a moment n came trottin back out, he was now facing me which still left me with no shot!!! so I waited about 30 more seconds n he finally turned broad side... I shouldered my gun, lined up my open sights from about 40 yrds out on his head, n free handedly shot my first bullet... he dropped like a 3 foot putt! didnt move a muscle!!! 8)

weve got an ongoing bet between about 6 of my friends as to who can shoot the biggest pig out here... so far the max has been a lil above par weighin in at 176 lbs... as we approached my hog it became more clear that this was the biggest hog any of us has ever seen out in our woods... we strapped it up n drug it back to the truck, n to be honest that was the longest walk of my life... about 3 miles back to the truck we loaded him up n inspected him... he was HUGE!!! Ive only shot 3 pigs so far in my huntin career n all have been females - this was no woman! his bottom cutters measured 4.5 inches and his top were 3 inches long! this was the KING OF THE HILL out there thas for sure!!! anyways to make a looong story short it was a great hunting day, too much fun! ...we weighed him in at 211 lbs!!!! the biggest one by far... all my buddies r chippin in, gettin it mounted for me!! good bunch of crackers right there!!! we skinned it, took the head off n left a nice cape, put it on ice... by far my most exciting kill!

**pardon the gun used, I know it wasnt a shotgun n this is a shotgun forum but I love this site n these boards n Im so happy I finally got somethin I can brag about!!! and to my Sporting Dog boys in that forum, the next hunting post of mine will be in there, over some APBTs!!!**

thanks again yall for checkin this post out! here r the pics...

the Hornady .44 mag Hollow Tips used...

Ruger .44 Mag Carbine

211 lbs. on my wall here soon...

me n my buddy Will

me n my hog...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got 'er Done... (with pics)

nice hog....congrats

Old 01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice hog, Congrats!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice hog
Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

nice job congrats

Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

never thought the day would come when I said this but, beautiful hog..
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM

congrats that is a wicked nice hog
Old 01-22-2007, 08:21 PM

Nicely done. Is that wet spot piss?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM

idk if its piss... but id prolly piss n load my pants too if i jus got shot in the head ... but no its was blood, that was actually my 3rd stop with him to showcase the hog, we had to spray the bed of the truck out twice before then bc he was drainin blood like crazy, so im jus assumin it was blood...
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Beauty of a hog!

Quick Reply: Got 'er Done... (with pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.