Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

SpeedGoats....

Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SpeedGoats....

I'm interested in going on an antelope hunt. Guided or unguided, really doesn't matter to me. What would be some good areas to check out? Who are some outfitters that I might want to check out as well?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SpeedGoats....

Wyoming or New Mexico are probably the two best places in the country. Wyoming has a lot more animals, longer season, and LOTS of public land. There are tons of outfitters up there, do a search on yahoo and you'll find lots of results.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I went through Cabela's as I didn't want to mess around (no time for research)just wanteda Goat.
I was set up with S&S Outfitters. 3 day hunt I think around $1000 and took my Goat the first day. My hunt was a draw for bigger animals and worked out well as me and my buddy both drew tags.Hunt was in WY.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you arent picky about anywhere in the west will produce....just pick up a few atlases, do some draw/harvest stat research and get out there!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Try Fort Belknap Indian Reservation in Northern Montana if you want to bypass the drawings. Their tags are 600.00, and they have a list of guides who operate on the Res. The guides will vary on how much they charge per day on top of the tag, but you should be able to shoot a respectable goat for 1000-1500 or so. 406-353-2205

You can also go to the Montana FWP site and check out other Res. #'s for various hunting opportunities. As a Montana resident, I have found that find that you can sometimes purchase their tags in addition to your own over-the-counter tag.