Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

killed a wolf

Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: killed a wolf

I've got to say something I know nothing about, other than what I read from all the post on this forum about wolves and the latest edition of Outdoor Life Magazine, Feb. 2007 edition.

Until this very minute, I have stayed out of y'alls' comments on wolves, because we don't have them in Ga. and I have never seen one. But after reading the article in OL, I can't keep quiet. This article covers the killing of hunting hounds in Wisconsin, Idaho, and Canada, and attacks on women and children. I am outraged about this, and I know most could care less how I feel, but this is how I feel and what I personally would do if my family or dogs were ever harmed by wolves.

If my family was harmed or I lost dogs to wolves, as the OL article states happened so viciously, I would dedicate the rest of my life to hunting and killing every wolf I could find, and so help anybody that tried to stop me. Not only does my family mean everything to me, but my dogs do to, as a matter of fact, I think more of my dogs than most people I know. Sound harsh, you betcha. I can only feel for you folks that have lost people, pets, and livestock to wolves, but I must say, WHY DON'T Y'ALL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??????

I'm retired military, believe in my family, and government. But a lot of the times, our government sits back and does nothing until it's to late. In a situation like this, you sometimes have to do things to solve the problem.

Disgusted in Georgia!
dog1
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: dog1

I've got to say something I know nothing about, other than what I read from all the post on this forum about wolves and the latest edition of Outdoor Life Magazine, Feb. 2007 edition.

Until this very minute, I have stayed out of y'alls' comments on wolves, because we don't have them in Ga. and I have never seen one. But after reading the article in OL, I can't keep quiet. This article covers the killing of hunting hounds in Wisconsin, Idaho, and Canada, and attacks on women and children. I am outraged about this, and I know most could care less how I feel, but this is how I feel and what I personally would do if my family or dogs were ever harmed by wolves.

If my family was harmed or I lost dogs to wolves, as the OL article states happened so viciously, I would dedicate the rest of my life to hunting and killing every wolf I could find, and so help anybody that tried to stop me. Not only does my family mean everything to me, but my dogs do to, as a matter of fact, I think more of my dogs than most people I know. Sound harsh, you betcha. I can only feel for you folks that have lost people, pets, and livestock to wolves, but I must say, WHY DON'T Y'ALL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT??????

I'm retired military, believe in my family, and government. But a lot of the times, our government sits back and does nothing until it's to late. In a situation like this, you sometimes have to do things to solve the problem.

Disgusted in Georgia!
dog1
I haven't read the article yet, butIF they are writing these things I would like to see the statistics. From all the info I have ever read, there have been only a handful of attacks on humans, if that.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:21 PM

First to start I'd like to say this is a great forumn and only have been a long time reader but decided to join after all the wolf talk has been happening lately.

For any one that cares I live in the Northern central part of WI, were wolves are now starting to spread like wildfire. I have never before liked or disliked a wolf, in fact the few sightings I did have with wolves I considered myself lucky to view such a noble animal. I will admit my mind is starting to swing in the direction of way to many of these critters in the Northern half of WI. The deer population in my area has taken huge drop in recant years and what deer our left have turned almost all nocturnal. These deer are being pressured by not only human hunters (not all that many people hunt by me except during the 9 day firearm season) but by the constant pressure of wolf and bear in the spring.

I consider my self a 365 day a year outdoorsman. I may not hunt all the time but spend a considerable amount of time in the bush. I have no "wildlife degree" but have offeredinformation tothe DNR on sightings andnumerourstracks that are appearing where therewas none in the last 15 yearsI have frequented this area on a consistant basis. The DNR has given me the cold shoulder, giving me responses that the wolf was always in this area and I never knew about it. Well according to the available information on the DNR website there shouldn't be a pack in the areas I report.

I have tracked some wolves to within100 yards of private homes, numerours kill sites (some may have been road kill deer or lostkills from hunters) and right down cross country ski trails.

I have been running trail cams for deer sightings on a 9 montha year basis for quite some time and at this time have 7 cams in the woods over about a 12 mile area.I never caught a wolf on film but deer sightings are down andwhat does show is mostly at night.

To any that say the wolf won't have an impact on the local deer population, my observations say your wrong. To the others who say a wolf won't attack a human or only has happened a handfull of times try and google "wolf attack". You will be quite surprised on the number of encounters just in North America. Over seas the number of attacks is staggering, India has over 270 confirmed kills of children alone. (Not all in recant years)

As documentd on many web sites that I have read the wolf in other countries is the same breed we have in the States. How long are we going to wait before we start reducing the number of wolfs here?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Iam gonna buy a wolf tag for the upcoming season. Does that make me a criminal? I dont think so I think Iam doing the animals a favor.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I see one close to my corals or yard, he will be dead. Out in the wild, I may fire a shot to scare him off.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I heard of someone shooting a wolf illegally I would do the same thing I would do if some one shot a deer illegally, turn them in. I would hope they would be prosecuted and lose their hunting privileges. If someone were to shoot a wolf legally, I would say congrats, great job!

Funny how many would be poachers show up for the wolf threads.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

"dayna..." Sorry you chose to "jump to conclusions". I think most here are most concerned about people who associate themselves with hunting (you know Huntingnet) follow the LAW. As you read my post and many others, we're most concerned that you weren't some off the wall jerk going out a breaking the law, just because they don't like wolves and decide take the law into their own hands giving hunters a bad name.
Since it's obvious you were more interested in baiting people for a reaction not caring what name you give to hunter, I conclude that you're just acting like a jerk.
Grow up and join the adults someday.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can shoot them in B.C.cant you? And if you buy a tag,why would anyone think you are a criminal.Here in Wisconsin,you are not a criminal either,untill you pull the trigger.And like most people who get taken into custody.They arent arrested,they are rescued.
ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

Iam gonna buy a wolf tag for the upcoming season. Does that make me a criminal? I dont think so I think Iam doing the animals a favor.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 AM

OOCH minny I never said I broke any laws or did anything unethical,have you ever hunted wolfs ?I have three unfilled wolf tags in my collection and hopefully I will fillone on my 4th hunt .I want my own wolfhide on the wall. What is wrong with asking for opinions on killing a wolf {baiting as you call it}so hang me .There is not an animal in the world that I would break the law for, why in gods name would you assume I would .You don't know me but you call me childish names, how mature is that. This post was not intended to offend anyone or make make anyone sound like an idoit .Thanks for all the replies and good luck on your next hunt.

[/align]
Old 01-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Congrats!!! killed two of em' myself.

Quick Reply: killed a wolf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.