Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Show me your ram pics.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Show me your ram pics.

ORIGINAL: DM

I harvested thisDall in the Brooks Range. (Alaska)

DM

That's some really beautiful country.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

I just use an old featherwreight win in 30/06 for everything. Really like Rem core lock ammo.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Tango----That Stone is awesome------It's got to be pushing 40". I also use a 30/06. LOL, I also use "core-lokt"-----becareful they will laugh you off the board if they find out. I never new that "core-lokt" could not kill an animal until I started surfing the net.--LMAO CB
Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Oh I guess I have done plenty of handloading to shoot at paper but I don't let it take up any of my hunting time. My present box of Rem shells has taken a ram, two moose and 2 elk and I even have half a box left. The box is gettin a bit dog eared though. I guess all the huntin "stuff" makes the world go round these days. Probably pays for this web site, but I got enough of everything so I'll leave it for theyoung guys to buy.
That ram did go a touch over 40, as did this other dall.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

How can you draw all those tags,tango? I thought it's hard to get a tag, but if you're a BC resident, I'd guess it's easier.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Well the truth is, I don't. Like Alaska, most sheep tags are over the counter for residents in Canada. When I was younger,(before I got married and had kids)I just moved to where the hunting I was interested in, was best. I was raised in Alberta, moved to Yukon and now am in British Columbia. So tags were never a problem. Today finding hunting time is the biggest issue.
My advise to you Younggun is to get lots of hunting in while you are in fact young. When you get older, concentrate on taking kids into the great outdoors.

ORIGINAL: younggun243

How can you draw all those tags,tango? I thought it's hard to get a tag, but if you're a BC resident, I'd guess it's easier.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 PM

2005 California Bighorn Ram. 8 1/2 yrs old. Taken by myself (non guided) at Vassaux Lake, British Columbia.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Trophy Taker and Colorado Bob, would love to see your rams. Can be e-mailed to me if I can help.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM

I need to find a way to finance a dall hunt.I only hunt with 180 gr. coreloks in a 300mag.I have a hand full that preformed perfect out of moose, bou and bear .They pass though the smaller critters.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

tango----I'm e-mailing my ram photo to your yahoo address. Can you post it here. He's a good ram but not nearly as nice as your 2. CB

Quick Reply: Show me your ram pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.