Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt? >

Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Old 12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

My dad founda back pack when hunting that had been out side for around 10 years when he hiked back into the forset had licences bincos gloves
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM

i was walking the creek on my farm and found a Indain type bead it looked very old, took it to my art teacher(she really into that stuff ,Native american wise) and she said it was a prayer bead that a local tribe would use to bring water......explains why i found it in a stream!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

ORIGINAL: younggun243

Why did you poke holes in it? Good thing you didn't turn it into the PD, they would've thrown you in jail, and the officer would go to the back room and go Rocky Mountain High!
As for why i poked holes in it. It was pretty big bag and I didn't want to take the time to open it up.My dad was chief of the police department at that time. I told him what I had found and what i did. He said he would have done the same
The best thing to do is leave and report it, if it was that much pot you could get killed overdisturbing their stuff. It happens.

hear is a under cover shot of a U.S. Drug Lord " He would most likely kill over a thatbag. I think he left it their because he thought the average American would be todumb to find it. You showed him LOL

Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 AM

Never found anything but I have lost plenty and had even more stolen.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM

BBJ it was above stanford near the top to the right on a dirt road 'there are some old wooden fence to funnel the sheep on theleft back in the woods.I need to look on a map to get the names right .Good luck finders keepers.I replaced it long ago.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's one for you. A couple of years ago my cousin went hunting with me and as we were arriving at the spot we park he informed me that he was about to crap his pants. With a laugh I informed him that I didn't have any TP in the truck and he was going to have to use leaves or something else. We parted ways and he did his business.Later on when we met back at the truck, I asked him ifhe made out alright. He commented that he had to leave hishead net in the woods.

Fast forward two days later.

I went hunting back at the same location, but this time I took a good buddy of mine. We split up and he headed off in the direction that my cousin had hunted a couple of days earlier. That evening when we met back at the truck,he proudly showed me his new found headnet. I started to laugh and asked him where he found it. He told me with suchexcitement of how he had found it as he was walking down the trail. I could hardly contain myself and asked him if he wore it, and he said he had!! Hethen told me thatsomebodymust havestepped on it cause he said "It had dried mud all over it"!!!! I told him what that really was and he about got sick. Had to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. So, for future reference, if any of you ever find anything made out of cloth in the woods, you might think twice before you pick it up and take it with you!!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:58 PM

OMG I would have busted a gut on that one I just got my wind back great tail. LOL
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 AM

Sping of 2005, I found a working SureFire flashlight on a Snow Machine trail. Fall of 2006, I found a MagLite AA flashlite. Neither were spectacular, but they both worked and I still use them.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:47 PM

Just one week back I found a car while hunting deer.I saw it on day and checked it more closely the next.Windows smashed,radio taken out but left
and a baby seat in back.Looked in glove box and found driver licence and reg.Dropped it off at local R.C.M.P.They called next day and of course it was stolen.He suggested if anything like this comes along again to not touch vehicle ,just call them.It was a 92 sunfire with 200,000 mi on so not much loss to anyone.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 PM

[&o] While gutting a deer I shot this past fall, I set my knife with a brown handle down to adjust the deer and spent the next 15min. looking for it.

[:'(]While Elk hunting came across a spot where someone took a CRAP and found 3 Dollars.

[:@]But mostly what I have found while out hunting, is all the trash the some
slobs leave behind, bottes , candy and food wrappers, etc. Remember if you
back it in, pack it out. Another reason why we are getting locked out of some areas.

Quick Reply: Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.