Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First Elk -

Old 10-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Elk -

I posted in the Off Season Forum here is the link - Hope you like the story/pics.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1765152

FH
Old 10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Elk -

Nice job Farmhunter. I did my first Elk Hunt in Colorado in Sept's archery season. I also hunted the White River National Forest, Flat Tops region w/ Winterhawk Outfitters. We had a rough time archery hunting, the Elk just weren't responding to calls. It was very hot the wk before we arrived, then a front came in, and temps dropped to the teens, and got 14" snow in some areas we hunted. It just shut them down on us. But I didn't go out expecting to get a Elk. I hoped of course. Mainly I went out for the experience. I always wanted to archery hunt Colorado Elk. I had a great time, and our outfitter was awesome. Treated us like family, and tried hard to get us a Elk. I did come close to arrowing a nice 6x6, but he wouldn't come the last few feet for a clear bowshot. Either way it was a awesome time. I'm def. going back someday.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:40 AM

congrats to you!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job farm Hunter, and good bull.
BBJ