Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 1st Rifle Elk, Meeker, Colorado >

1st Rifle Elk, Meeker, Colorado

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

1st Rifle Elk, Meeker, Colorado

Old 10-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1st Rifle Elk, Meeker, Colorado

Any of you guys going to be hunting around Meeker during 1st
rifle season? A bunch of us will be having beers at the Sleepy Cat Restraunt And Bar during Monday Night Football. Give me a shout if any of you are interested in meeting and enjoying a beer together!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Default RE: 1st Rifle Elk, Meeker, Colorado

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Any of you guys going to be hunting around Meeker during 1st
rifle season? A bunch of us will be having beers at the Sleepy Cat Restraunt And Bar during Monday Night Football. Give me a shout if any of you are interested in meeting and enjoying a beer together!
i'll be headin up ta area 23 tommorow morning
i don't drink er watch football, but i hope ya have good time and a successfull hunt. im probly gonna have ta drive into Buford er Meeker once er twice ta make phone calls fer work so i'll be drivin right by sleepy cat, but i'll be anxious ta get back ta camp. i wouldn't go no where near town if i didn't have too.......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

early
Old 10-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early, where are you hunting and camping at in 23?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:56 PM

good luck 1st season. we will be there on nov 2nd staying @ sleppy cat and then packed in on friday the 3rd. has any one hunted with Eagals nest on there drop camp??? We will be inbetween Bayliey and Peltier laks. Any one of you hunted there befor.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Early, where are you hunting and camping at in 23?
on big ridge below burro mnt
FR 243 between marker 33 and 34

early
Old 10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Out of bounds, I've never used a guide up there but I know there are some good ones. They will definately put you on elk its just a matter of the treatment you will recieve. I'd put money that they will be good people, because most everybody you meet up there are good people. I've been hunting up there for years, and I can't think of one person I've met that I disliked. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey Early, GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:44 AM

Keep us informed about how it goes. We will be going out the 4th season and it can't come fast enough!!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:15 PM

This is my 7th season hunting in the Meeker/Craig area. We have always been treated very well. I have got to know a few people in town and alway look forward to going back every year. this is our 1st time doing a drop camp.we have always stayed in town and hunted alot of the local stuff. we love it there. We even Looked at buying some hunting land last year but just didn't pencil out. We have probably sat next to you in town for dinner some where.After getting shot at last year I said that i would not hunt in that area again. eventhough it has been very productive.that is why we are doing the drop camp deal. Maybe it won't look like a pumpkin patch after walking for hours and hours.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are hunting up above Lake Avery, where we've been for a good 10 years or so. I'm just as excited now as I was the first time I was lucky enough to go up! I hope all you guys do good and if you get a chance to show up at Sleepy Cat on Monday night just ask at the bar where Luckydogs group is and they will point us out. Or just look for the happiestbunch of redneckS.O.B'S in there and that will probably be us!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:56 PM

lucky dog
I hope we will see you there, we will have to be taged out in order for that to happen. We just found out we are being packed in friday after berkfest.I need to get a good map of that area do you have any ideas??? I have the B.L.M map but dosent show this area verry well we are staying onJKridge if that helps. Good luck to you all back there.oh I here that they are getting snow uptop already hopefully it dosen't keep snowing that would push everything off the top and down to privet.