Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

Old 08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

I leave on Aug 24th with MAjay for Archery elk in CO unit 21 22! Using Bowtech Allegiance #65 draw, Easton Axis with the Wasp Bullet
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:56 PM

Bowhunting for whitetails NW OntarioCanada opening weekend, until rifle season opens for moose Thanksgiving long weekend in October. Can hardly wait!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Sept 1, Iwill be in Ft Nelson, BC and bugling in the big boys. Usually have to chase off a dozen 5 by 5's before showtime. Will hope to use another round out of my 10 year old box of 30/06 shells. Maybe watch for a nice stone ram if I tag out early.
good luck to all
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

Leaving Aug.31 after work.I get off at 1pm and heading up the mountain from missoula to HD 202.Set up camp and do a little fishin till dark for big brook trout,then listen and locate some bulls.Get up early sept.1st and grouse hunt down to the lake and fish some more and do some more grouse hunting until dark and watch the bulls.Get up early sept.2nd and go kill my Bull.I'll be shooting a Bitterroot long bow at 65# with Beeman ICS carbon 400 arrows with a 4 blade zwicky 125gr. broadhead.
I seen some awsome bulls the year before last in there.I had my son with me and you can just imagine,He got (Bull Fever).I kinda did too The biggest one was well over 400.I'll keep you Posted and glad to hear everyone is starting to get excited.I know I am and have been.
I really dont mind if I even kill anything.I have fun calling the big bulls in and to kill one is just food for thought.
Elkshed
Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 AM

I will be going out to northwest CO with a couple offriendsfor a elk hunt in nov. I will be using my Rem 30-06 with my newly reloaded 165 gr bullets. It can't come soon enough!!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:22 AM

Come Sept 26 my father and I will be hunting moose in Maine, zone 6 cow tag unless my father can trade it for a bull tag. Then the first week in Oct I'm driving out to CO the durango area for elk second season with some friends who live out there. I getting an OTC bull tag and they got cow tags, they are meat hunters so its brown its down. I will stay out there all of Oct helping my friend on his ranch and fishingand maybe some duck and goose hunting. Then if I have any more space in my freezer I my go to my camp in western Maine for some deer hunting. As you can tell I'm single and has a job that lets me take a lot of time off.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the thread, Elkshed is right!
Hell, I got excited about huntin just readin y'alls posts!
I'm not doing anything as exciting as I've read about so far, but I'm pretty pumped about taking my beloved Encore 209X50 and doing some early whitetail hunting in Eastern Kentucky the third week of October. I go with my dad and brothers usually every year in mid November and Rifle hunt but this year, for the first time, we're M/L huntin.

I'll be loaded with 3-50 Grain Pyrodex pellets and a Hornady 250 Grain
L-N-L sabot.

I will find this post and show you how big he is when I get back!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heading to Ontario for whitetails...

Old 08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I will be hunting lopes, elk and bear here in CO. Elk in MT and whitetails in NE this year. All with my BOW!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Spike

I'm heading to Colorado (from WV ) for my first Elk trip. My buddy and I are going with his dad and brother, who live there and hunt elk every year.

We're gonna be in Redstone (well, on a mountain near Redstone), which is just south of Carbondale, in the 4th season for either sex, which is november 15th to 19th.

I'm gonna be using my new Tikka 7 mag, but I'm still trying to figure out which ammo to use. I've been running/walking/biking to work on my conditioning, and gonna start hiking some hills with a backpack soon.

Quick Reply: YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.