Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

NON HUNTING FORUM?

Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default NON HUNTING FORUM?

Did everybody join PETA or did all the excited good hunters die?
Usually this time of year everyone is getting ready and excited about the upcomming hunting season.I know I am.I just hope all the fires die down and they don't shut down archery elk season.I've waited and practiced all year and scouted to kill a monster bull.
Come on guys get with it!
Elkshed
Old 08-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Default RE: NON HUNTING FORUM?

I agree with you, been on another site, and everyone's pumped!!! Can't believe how slow this site is with the up-coming season!!
Old 08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Guess not everybody hunts elk. Talk about Bear, Moose or Caribou and yeah I get pumped. But I guess that depends on what part of the world you live in.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 AM

It ain't what it used to be....
On the other heand, it is always the samequestions.... over and over.

Many thread starters will post a question, get a very instructive response, and then those who take the time to respond never see the thread originator, acknowledge anything, report backhow it worked, etc, etc. --- take take take--- no give back.[de-motivating]

Also, when you go beyond just going out and popping Bambi in the local deer patch, it seems most folks are in love with the idea of going on a remote/away from home big game huntand are less in love with actually going out and doing it. The result isyou get folks giving all sorts of advice based on Bambistandards and making claimson athread topic that have never done it (the peanut gallery). [wearisome]

After you feel like you'vewritten yourfirst encyclopedia you kinda start to ask yourself if you want to write a second. [why am I doing this.... again?]

After a period of time, I thinkmany veterans just log in to get some chuckles, watch it all go by,and just letfolks believe whatever they want to believe. [easiest, kinda fun, semi-entertaining]
Old 08-07-2006, 09:47 AM

Yeah,

I think we've beat the "270 big enough" horse enough. [8D][8D]
I would be all in favor of a good discussion but I haven't seen any threads that are really thought provocing.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

All fired up here!!! Hoytgirl and I leave in 3 weeks for Sudbury,ON for a 7 day bear bowhunt. HCH

Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't mind my asking...who you hunting with in Sudbury?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

HUNTING! HUNTING! HUNTING! HUNTING! I CAN'T WAIT, ITS KILLING ME....

Did that help ya out a little?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Shed,

I almost can't contain myself. It is about 14 days until we head to Alaska on a Caribou hunt and everyday at work is like pulling your teeth... If I was anymore pumped I'd have to be looking for a new job...

Hey wait a minute that might not be such a bad idea...

Can't wait to swap this 105 degrees for low to upper 40's...
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

This site just lumps elk in with pigs and prairie dogs. Could this be the problem?

ORIGINAL: Craig T.

I agree with you, been on another site, and everyone's pumped!!! Can't believe how slow this site is with the up-coming season!!

Quick Reply: NON HUNTING FORUM?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.