HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   NON HUNTING FORUM? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/150632-non-hunting-forum.html)

Elkshed 08-06-2006 11:00 AM

NON HUNTING FORUM?

Did everybody join PETA or did all the excited good hunters die?
Usually this time of year everyone is getting ready and excited about the upcomming hunting season.I know I am.I just hope all the fires die down and they don't shut down archery elk season.I've waited and practiced all year and scouted to kill a monster bull.
Come on guys get with it!
Elkshed

Craig T. 08-06-2006 03:35 PM

RE: NON HUNTING FORUM?

I agree with you, been on another site, and everyone's pumped!!! Can't believe how slow this site is with the up-coming season!!

DARKSIDE55 08-06-2006 03:38 PM

Guess not everybody hunts elk. Talk about Bear, Moose or Caribou and yeah I get pumped. But I guess that depends on what part of the world you live in.

ELKampMaster 08-07-2006 06:09 AM

It ain't what it used to be....
On the other heand, it is always the samequestions.... over and over.

Many thread starters will post a question, get a very instructive response, and then those who take the time to respond never see the thread originator, acknowledge anything, report backhow it worked, etc, etc. --- take take take--- no give back.[de-motivating]

Also, when you go beyond just going out and popping Bambi in the local deer patch, it seems most folks are in love with the idea of going on a remote/away from home big game huntand are less in love with actually going out and doing it. The result isyou get folks giving all sorts of advice based on Bambistandards and making claimson athread topic that have never done it (the peanut gallery). [wearisome]

After you feel like you'vewritten yourfirst encyclopedia you kinda start to ask yourself if you want to write a second. [why am I doing this.... again?]

After a period of time, I thinkmany veterans just log in to get some chuckles, watch it all go by,and just letfolks believe whatever they want to believe. [easiest, kinda fun, semi-entertaining]

ShatoDavis 08-07-2006 09:47 AM

Yeah,

I think we've beat the "270 big enough" horse enough. [8D][8D]
I would be all in favor of a good discussion but I haven't seen any threads that are really thought provocing.

hardcorehunter 08-07-2006 07:09 PM

All fired up here!!! Hoytgirl and I leave in 3 weeks for Sudbury,ON for a 7 day bear bowhunt. HCH

DARKSIDE55 08-07-2006 08:22 PM

If you don't mind my asking...who you hunting with in Sudbury?

wyomingtrapper 08-08-2006 06:00 PM

HUNTING! HUNTING! HUNTING! HUNTING! I CAN'T WAIT, ITS KILLING ME....

Did that help ya out a little?:D

GoatSlayer 08-08-2006 07:21 PM

Hey Shed,

I almost can't contain myself. It is about 14 days until we head to Alaska on a Caribou hunt and everyday at work is like pulling your teeth... If I was anymore pumped I'd have to be looking for a new job...

Hey wait a minute that might not be such a bad idea...

Can't wait to swap this 105 degrees for low to upper 40's...

tangozulu 08-08-2006 08:35 PM

This site just lumps elk in with pigs and prairie dogs. Could this be the problem?

ORIGINAL: Craig T.

I agree with you, been on another site, and everyone's pumped!!! Can't believe how slow this site is with the up-coming season!!