Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 attention elk hunters who have trouble with diaphrams >

attention elk hunters who have trouble with diaphrams

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

attention elk hunters who have trouble with diaphrams

Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM

Default attention elk hunters who have trouble with diaphrams

Mac Daddy is your answer. I got one the other day and within 3 minutes was blowing better bugles than I ever did with a diaphram or blow type calls. I always used an Abe and Sons and did well ....... but gawd this thing is incredible in taking a growl to a high pitch, back to a low growl and chuckles.

This will change my elk hunt in September - amazing call
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 PM

Default RE: attention elk hunters who have trouble with diaphrams

Really well i just might have to try it cause ive been using primos and its just not doin it for me and i was just thinkin of going to get a new one. Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-19-2006, 04:46 PM

gawd I just re-read that and it souinded like a sales pitch !

I'ma do it yourself elk hunter, public lands, OTC tags and I've been very successful.

But I don't bugle well. I have a Cabela's card and used my point and got this call and I was blown away. The Hoochie Mama was a dandy call, still is, and it changed my hunting a bit because the elk responded to it so well.

I'm excited to see what i can do with this Mac Daddy
Old 07-22-2006, 03:29 PM

In my experiences it doesn't matter what call you use, as long as its the right one for you. You have to have your own style of calling, something that works for you. You don't have to the the "perfect" bugle, elk don't even have the perfect bugle. I don't know about you guys, but growling doesn't work for me. I usually try to sound like a cocky little bull, i try to get the elk confident and not intimidated.I haven't had any luck with the hoochie mama, i guess i just don't like it because every time i hear someone use it in the woods i know exactly what it is. It sounds like a dog with a squeek toy. It is used so much in my hunting areas that i think the elk are starting to pick up on it too. the only nice thing about it is that you can sound like more than one elk at once. Primos has always been good to me.But like i said, you just have to find the call that YOU can make sound just how you want it to, its not the same for everyone
Old 07-23-2006, 02:55 PM

IfItRunsHuntIt647 have you tried this bugle ? Unbelievable the sounds I can make with it.

I like to softly high pitch squeal as I walk through the woods. I don't like the full bugles with grunts at the end - maybe in part because I could never do them ?

I tell you what I do like ....... that nasal sounding groan/wheeze that the big bulls do ..... and I never could master that either and I'm pretty good now.

Also ........ you can go from growl to high pitch to growl again so simply with this bugle