Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos! >

Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos!

I have a Primos Pack Bugle and hate it. I want to get away from the external reeds. I am looking to find a good quality tube to use with my mouth diaphrams. What do you suggest and where can I get one? Why?
Old 07-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Banned

Default RE: Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos!

I have a Carlton bugle call and it is the best I have ever heard. I am a Primos fan but I like this Carlton better.I bugled some nice bulls up with it. have played around with a lot of them and I sure like this one the best.HCH

Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Banned

Here is the phone # on the end of the mouthpiece cap.HCH

Old 07-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sure no tube's perfect, but I love my Power Bugle.. The elastics can be a little trouble but apart from that out of our foursome, the Power Bugle seems to attact the most attention with the bulls.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Abe & Son's. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not so much the tube that makes a good sounding elk bugle, its the caller with a diaphram behind the tube that can make or break a elk call. But with that said one of the very best tubes for both huntingandcalling contests is the Monarch bugle tube from Rocky's Bugling Bull Game Calls. I think I own or haved owned almost every tube on the market at one time or another and this tube is the one of the best. Being honest I am a big guy and can blast it out there very loud, almost too loud for close up situations in hunting,so for hunting I don't need as big of tube so I carry one a bit smaller. For contests I have made my own tubeslike the majority of pro callers do. This Monarch tube is patterned after the tube that the pro's have been using for years. Not trying to say that Abe's tube is junk because its not (yesI do own one)but the Monarch is just all aroundbetter!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

have a Carlton bugle call and it is the best I have ever heard. I am a Primos fan but I like this Carlton better.I bugled some nice bulls up with it. have played around with a lot of them and I sure like this one the best
Abe andSon's
By the way, Abe and Son's is a different company than Carlton's calls. Carlton's calls are with Hunter's Specialties. Just in case anyone went looking for it and couldn't find it with the Carlton's calls.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the bugle tube thats made by Rocy Jacobs,I'm pretty shure it's the same place as Idahoelkinstructor get his.Mine is the colasible one.It's easy to use,and you can use the mouth pice or pop it off and use you diaphram calls to.
I used that primos call last year and threw it away after a hour of tring to get it to work.
I do use 3 of there reed type calls,hot-lips,hyper hot double and single reed,and brown,white,blue,red and yellow diaphrams.I also use the hootchiee-mama and the Carlton squeeze me cow call,along with his estruse whine.
BBJ
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

BBJ yes that is the same one.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Fork Horn

The Abe and Sons is the one. I have tried dozens and once you have mastered the calling techniques it sounds the best. It has an external call that sounds great but is removable. As for Carlton's, Im not sure if they purchased Abe and Son's design but it looks exacly the same. I do like the versatility of a mouth diaphram but the external diaphram on this call really sounds good.
Best of luck to ya. Practice practice practice and don't over call. Elk do have a language try to learn it. Elk nut on here has some pretty good stuff to check out. There are some tricks he does not expose, either he is saving the tricks or has not yet found them but from what I have seen and heard he is a very good place to start. If he does know them I hope he keeps it quiet.

Quick Reply: Best Bugle Tube? Definately not Primos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.