Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Anyone else have this happen... >

Anyone else have this happen...

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Anyone else have this happen...

Old 06-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Anyone else have this happen...

I was bugling in my basement and my 3 year old daughter came downstairs and said "What was that noise?" I say "What noise?" and she throws out a bugle as good as I can w/ my call but she does it w/ just her voice! Craziest thing I've ever heard. She watches the Elknut videos with me and she does the cow calls too. I was blown away. Anyone else experience this?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone else have this happen...

Buy the girl some camo and teach her hand signals for different calls.

I think by fall, you'll be set. Good luck!

Old 06-16-2006, 02:09 PM

LOL! I said the same thing to my wife! She didn't like the idea as much as I did. Not to mention my daughter's not what you'd call the bravest little 3 yr old in the world, if she saw an elk coming she'd run like Forrest Gump after he lost his leg braces!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

LOL..cool
Old 06-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

At a girl!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:07 AM

Yeah my daughter can do a perfect elk Cow call, and a not too shabby bugle. LOL
Old 06-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I've heard that some kids can do that. Will the kid fit in a day pack? Just pinch her when you need the call!

Personally, not to brag, but I can do a mean cow call myself. I do take a Hoochie Mama to back up my voice call, but if the throat's right, I prefer my own call. Elk like it too.

Hope I'm not being too "me, me oh I'm great" (I've only taken two elk in five years of bowhunting), but I've actually had great success bugling elk in with a voice bugle. I'll be the first to admit that my voice "bugle" sounds like a tomcat with laryngitis, it is truly horrid,but I have called ina fewbulls with it, just fooling around. If a bull hangs up on me, I'll often go to the voice call, and it sometimes breaks the standoff and brings the bull absolutely on the fly. My theory on this is it sounds so bad, so unlike any artificial call they've everheard, that they buy it. Consequently, I've heard two bulls in the woods with just ridiculous "bugles". One sounded like a coyote (that's what I thought it was); the other sounded absolutely like a beginning flutist imitating a police siren. Both bulls were 6-pointers.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:11 AM

That is cool your lucky.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM

im 15 and can still do it pretty good, but not as good as about 5 or 6 years ago.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was about five I scared the crap outta my dad by doing that. Ionce called in a raghorn during the deer hunt at age 9, butthat was it. I was able to until age 11 and puberty hit.......

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this happen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.