Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Good Fall Moose Call

Old 05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Good Fall Moose Call

Hoping to draw a tag for a late October Moose Hunt. Any good rutting or attraction calls I should get if I am lucky enough to draw a tag?? The place I would be hunting has a pretty good population of moose with some really good bulls. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Good Fall Moose Call

Many of the Newfi guides use just their voice and some use a birchbark megaphone to send the call further. I have seen guys around here call in bulls with a coffee can and a piece of wet string hanging out the center of the bottom of the can. They just crab the string and pull down slowly away from the can and it makes a wonderful cow moan. With a little practice you can make the same call by just using your voice though.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The coffe can and string works well,although I prefer to just cup my hands and use my voice.In reality moose aren't overly smart as far as calls go and will come to anything even resembling another moose.Rent a video and learn what a cow call should sound like and you should have no problems at least getting close with the can and string.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 PM

use your voice, i bought one of them moose calls two years ago, its in the ditch now, nothing worked better than my own voice
Old 05-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Voicebox, maybe a birchbark or similar for amplifing and know/learn the cow calls, should beset. Cow call is basically like a domestic cow but far more nasally (errrr aaaaa hh). Many find pinching one or both nostrils gets them the nasal sound they are wanting to produce, so get some tapes or videos and practice longside.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 PM

Search for videos called "Love, Thunder and Bull" I and II. They walk you through moose calling using your own voice and they have some really great footage. You'll be grunting like a bull and pissing down your leg by the end of the tape!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Search for videos called "Love, Thunder and Bull" I and II. They walk you through moose calling using your own voice and they have some really great footage. You'll be grunting like a bull and pissing down your leg by the end of the tape!
LMAO
Old 06-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Get a Bull Magnet from Wayne Kubat and a copy of Love, Thunder, and Bull 2 and...well, like KodiakArcher said
Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-16-2006, 06:59 AM

Look for a Videos by Buck Expert from Quebeccalled Bull's Eye Two and Bull's Eye One. There is some good footage of some late season hunts.

Also there will be a book out in September about moose hunting. Woods and Waters Press is the publisher. It will help you out with late seson hunts.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Good Fall Moose Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.