Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

RSVP's are in...

Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RSVP's are in...

Elk Kamp '06 will have 9 this year. A nice number to be sure.
Setting up camp with only 6 last year was a little too much like work.

My excitement level will only grow from here. For now I am reduced to waiting on the mail to deliver me the news on which season we launch!!!

Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 PM

Default RE: RSVP's are in...

Elk Camp and Camp Life are 2/3 the fun of elk hunting IMHO.

Unfortunately with 9 RSVP's in you may actually still end up with 6 in camp again!
Folks are frequently in love with the IDEA of going elk hunting (especially as long as licenses are refundable),
but then often become much less enthusiastic when theREALITY of actually going elk hunting draws near!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RSVP's are in...

Amen brother!!!
A lot of guys like the idea. Few commit.

Luckily, barring the unforeseen, our groupis mostly made up of guys that will find an excuse to go, rather than not. Such as...."my leg can heal just as well sitting around a campfire as it will at home" or "I can look for jobwhile in colorado between the morningand evening hunts"!
Or my personal favoriteactually uttered by a buddy a couple years back......"My wife actually prefers I not be present forour weddinganniversarycelebration"!!!

Our core group share my view..........
I am Rocky Mountain ready, just looking for an excuse!
I am lucky to have friends that share my passion. Which only proves my past statements that the taking of game is anti-climatic. It is shareing memories and the moment with like minded comrades that makes it a pleasure. My brother says I am getting sentimental in my old age. I agree. Time was when we measured all hunting/shooting exercises by the amount of blood and carnage. To borrow a line from William Munny, "guess we killed about every creature to inhabit this country at one time or another", but now days I am more in the memories and sharing. Gone is the day when shooting a big bull, big buck, big mailbox is the prize. I could derive no greater pleasure than to be sitting next to some else that does that very thing. Or even be in camp to talk about it later!!!!
But I ramble......
Here's hoping we draw tags...........else our ruse will be made transparent!!! We will just be camping!

So as to alleviate any misgivings about my secondary intentions.......
the new load is perfected (96gr. H1000/ 225gr Accubond/ 3100fps/ 4800ft/lbs) and awaits an opportunity!!!