Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for? >

What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for?

Old 01-22-2006, 10:26 PM

Default What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for?

Hey all i was just wondering what your favorite big game animal is to hunt. I would set this up in a poll format but apparently the Big Game forum isn't good enough[:@]. For the adrenaline drive and the pure skill needed i would have to say elk because they are such a smart animal and there so damn many of them together it's hard to sneak up on them. But for pure fun and intensity i would have to say moose because there is nothing like being 40yds from a 1000lb bull moose and all you have is a bow and arrow.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Default RE: What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for?

For North America, fair chase elk. For all the same reasons you gave. And . . . nothing like being 15 yards from a buggling bull and not be able to get a shot off. You really have to hunt these critters! A close second would be archery for Antelope.

However, I once asked a client the same question, knowing he had been to Alaska, Canada, Africa, you know, rich man hunts. His response was the African elephant! Sheer size, ability to run you over and kill you, and they can sneak in like you wouldn't believe and not know they were there.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spot & stalk antelope hunting with a bow is first.
Elk hunting in mid-september is a close second.
Rifle hunting elkor antelope are in a tie for thrid.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM

elk is the best hunting in north america definately. There's nothing like hearing that elk bugle in the morning
Old 01-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say Deer because that is all I am fortunate enough to hunt. Everyone seems to enjoy Elk hunting alot though!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
DM

The two animials i alwaysenjoyedhunting in Alaska were, caribou and sitka blk. tail deer. I think i liked both best because i enjoyed the places i hunted them.

Caribou hunting on the tundra with the fall colors is just fantastic... and hunting the virgin temperate costal rain forest is just amazing!!

Drilling Man

Old 01-24-2006, 11:28 AM

I would have to say sheep hunting. I've never actually been YET. But I've dreamed of it for many years. I don't guess it matters to me whether its a bighorn, dall, stone, etc. The landscape that these beautiful creatures inhabit is the most ruggedly beautiful places my mind can imagine. The determination, physical ability, stamina, and positive attitude needed just to get into their habitat makes them a trophy indeed.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bears, any size shape or color.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Spike

Bighorn Sheep hunting is the ultimate experience for me by far.It is so challenging due to the rugged terrain, how smart the animals are, how hard it is to find them, etc. The only bad thing is that they may outsmart you so much that it starts to get disheartening. Still a great thrill.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I would say bowhunting elk first. Then bowhunting whitetails. Two totally different games.

I hear that once you start sheep hunting, it is quite addictive. But brutal physically, more so than elk even.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite big game animal to hunt for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.