Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

deer meadow outfitters

Old 02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Spike

He'll use whatever it takes to get a sale. He doesn't care if he gets repeats cause if he did he'd manage the deer like the rest of us in this immediate area do.

Originally Posted by bigmack
I am new to the forum thing and ran across this one. It peaked my interest because i know of this Outfitter and know several people in that area of Nebraska. What i find ironic is the denial and lack of real information provided by Scott. Since he has shown his interest in this thread i have a few questions that if he will answer truthfully will surely make him sleep better at night. It surely won't garner more clients, but at least this will give him a chance to clear his conscience. I have watched most of the shows that are on Deer Meadow's and one really disturbed me. Scott is telling these "Celebrity" hunters that he "RETIRED" from Guiding. Come on Scott, tell the truth! You were busted violating game violations and as a condition of your SENTENCE you couldn't Guide or be "associated" with Outfitting.. You are a convicted Felon. We'll start there....for now...i will ask my other questions after this one is answered..see below.

http://nppc.nol.org/susp.htm#kuhn
NPPC Case No. 06-09, Case No. 05046, Scott Kuhn:
Respondent was found guilty in the U.S. District Court for the offense of sale and transporting of illegally killed wildlife, a felony.
NPPC recommendation – suspension for a period of nine months from and after August 19, 2005, the date of his felony conviction. State Board decision – suspension for a period of time, from August 19, 2005, the date of his felony conviction in the U.S. District Court, through August 12, 2006.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Spike

Interesting read there too. He doesn't own the house/lodge,it belongs to a relative of mine who he rents it from. On top of that he doesn't have anywhere near 350,000 acres.

http://www.addictedtotheoutdoors.com...=500&width=700

Last edited by Strasburger Ranches; 02-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Ya'll got to be careful about how you use these public forums. I personally don't know this fella a from atom but do know there could be legal ramifications if some discrestion isn't used. Just be careful guys
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Spike

Smile Excellent spot and stalk hunt

Excellent spot and stalk hunt
In September of last year (21012) I bow hunted with Deer Meadows for the first time. I had a great time and highly recommend hunting with Scott and Deer Meadows Outfitters.
Deer Meadows delivered a quality archery hunt and has mature trophy Mule Deer on their properties. The hunt was everything Scott promised when I booked it. On day 1 Scott reviewed the rules and made a point of telling us, we only shoot mature bucks here. We were introduced to our guides, asked to shoot our bows to help them judge our proficiency at different yardages, then had dinner. The next morning we were in the hills hunting. We saw over 20 deer that morning including five bucks two were shooters. We hunted hard for the entire 5 days. I had a great time with Scott, Jeremy and Dustin. Both Jeremy and Dustin are knowledgeable, energetic, totally addicted to hunting and lots of fun. They worked hard to find and put us onto good bucks. I want to thank Jeremy for making this an exciting and successful hunt. I took an estimated 6 year old Mule deer on the last day of the hunt. I had such a good time last year I recently booked another hunt for October of this year.

Nathan
Hesston, Kansas
Old 11-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Spike

Thumbs down Deer Meadows Outfitters

My Name is Steve from Pennsylvania. I just did a $5,000 mule deer archery hunt with Scott. My Second day of my hunt. 35 yards from 190" mule deer, my guide stopped me from shooting. That night at camp Scott tells me that was a buck that they wanted to save for breeding purposes. Scott also said don't worry we will put you on a better deer by the end of the week. Well by Friday I only saw 2 other bucks...140 class deer . Friday night Scott says he will refund my hunt, but calling him lately, he doesn't return my phone calls, and I don't think he is going to refund anything!!

Are there any other hunters that hunted with Scott and were not allowed to shoot a mature buck and didn’t see anything the rest of their hunt? Please call me to discuss. 724-970-5870
Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

He'd have to knock me out to keep me from pulling the trigger. His job is to put you on good deer. Once he did that, you didn't need him anymore.

Truth is, he saved the deer for a client who paid more, or himself.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

None of this sounds like anything I'd call hunting. It's a cold day in hell when I'd pay a guy thousands of bucks to take me out on his ranch and then tell me what deer I could shoot or not shoot.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Spike

Thumbs down

Deer meadows owner Scott is a liar he told me before we left he would work something out not to worry. While I have called texted and emailed this guy with no response. It sure wasn't like that when I was booking this hunt. I only saw 3 bucks one was a shooter but I wasn't allowed to shoot? Wasted 5000 dollars drove 1500 miles lost 2 weekends and a weeks vacation time . It's one thing going on a pricie hunt and not seeing much but to go to deer meadows and seeing a trophy and not being allowed to shot OMG...
Old 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're more patient than i'd be. I've never paid for a hunt, but if I did. I wouldn't put up with that bull.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
None of this sounds like anything I'd call hunting. It's a cold day in hell when I'd pay a guy thousands of bucks to take me out on his ranch and then tell me what deer I could shoot or not shoot.
Believe it or not, this type of thing is pretty common in TX. There is very, very little public land for hunting in TX, so people either have to own the land outright, pay for a lease, or go with outfitters. On many places, they are extremely protective of their big deer. They want you to take "management" bucks and does and leave the bigger bucks for wealthy hunters or to let them breed until they begin to decline.

I remember reading an article a couple of years ago where a guy refused to abide by the "ranch rules" and shot a monster. The land owner filed a lawsuit and won in court. The court said that despite the fact that the state had issued a license, the land owner had the right to dictate what he would allow to be shot on his private property. Just proves tha hunting in TX is a vastly different beast than hunting in your Wy or my CO.

Quick Reply: deer meadow outfitters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.