Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

what gives?

Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 PM

Default RE: what gives?

This talk should really be in a turkey forum, but if you think turkeys are dull than you've obviously never tried to call in a 25 pound eastern. Theres nothing that compares to it, not even coyote hunting/calling.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
DM

but if you think turkeys are dull than you've obviously never tried to call in a 25 pound eastern.
I've been in on quite a few turkey hunts, dad use to call them in when he was younger. These daysturkeys wonder all over around here. They are all over my fields, and are not worth the price of the license to me. Hardly a day goes by (even in turkey season) that i couldn't shoot one, and yesi see some big gobblers too.

When i shot a buck a few weeks ago there was a bunch of turkeys out in the field too. They stood around and never ran at the shot. They were still in the field when i walked up to the buck...

For you, it's probable different, i'm just stateing they sure as heck aren't very exciteing to me. There are guys around here that get pretty excited about them, but they certainly are overpriced for what you end up with.

Here's a pict. i took a few minutes beforei harvested a nice 8 point from the same field.

Drilling Man

Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 PM

well, If you want, I can come up there and hunt them for you.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: psychmonky

well, If you want, I can come up there and hunt them for you.
LMAO