Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Got a mountain lion

Old 12-10-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Got a mountain lion

I went out with a fellow outfitting friend of mine for a scouting trip for mountain lions, and ran into four adolescent tracks running in the same direction. After deciding they weren't going to be anything but exercise for the dogs we moved on and ran into a adult lion track. We circled the ridge into a parrallel canyon and cut the male's track again. Out came the hounds and away we went up the hill with the dogs still on leash until we decided the track was hot enough to unleash the hounds. After going straight up to a ridge line the cat paralleled the ridge for half mile then dropped off into a canyon and up the otherside to the next ridgeline of rocks.

Here's where the story get's interesting the cat had topped the ridge and made about three circle's on top the ridge and then from a ledge the cat jumped into a tree right where he had come up the ridge. When we got there to the bench. My friend got a call on the cell phone from a buddy who was interested in our progress on the cat. While he was talking on the phone I was looking around at tracks and trying to listen for the dogs in the distance. I had already look high in all the trees, because this has happened on a lion hunt once already to me I saw a pair of ears and eyes on the lower limbs that were really thick and bushy. About 30 secounds later here came the older hound trying to figure out where the cat had went and of course found us standing there with the cat in the tree. How is that for humility.

The cat was 7'4" and weighed 150+ a nice tom. His skull should go in boone & crockett if the shrinkage isn't alot. I took him with a 41mag pistol.

First picture post hope it works.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Got a mountain lion

Awesome looking tom. Doesn't look like you have much snow there.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:35 AM

Great Tom.That isawesome to say the least.Hopefully, I will be able to get one that nice some day.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Cat!! Hunting lions has always intrested me...might have to try it in the future.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM

congrats someday ide like to take a trip for some big cat huntin
Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 AM

Congrats on a Big Cat!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 06:08 PM

Cool story. Congrats.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Congrats!!!!! SWEET CAT lol
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice Cat! Congrat's

Old 12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking cat...congrats!

Quick Reply: Got a mountain lion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.