Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Nice Mulie (pic)

Old 11-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nice Mulie (pic)

Well, I got me a nice mule deer this year. What a way to end a season. The freezer is full and the beer is cold. I ended up with a bear, a white tail, a mule deer , and an elk this fall.

Old 11-12-2005, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Nice Mulie (pic)

Yeap i'd have shot him to.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy, you should thank me with some tenderloins for spooking all the game your way to idaho.

Bobby
Old 11-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

121553, I think the tenderloins are the only parts of this buck that don't stink. The hole inside of my pickup smells like rutting buck. We killed another nice buck the night before. He wasn't very wide, but was unique in his own way with lots of mass. I don't think the beans ran off any game, but my hunting partner didn't like them very well:0)
Old 11-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huh-huh. That dang tarsal is real sweet smeeling from a rutting buck.
I shot a 5 pt p/y whitetail a few yrs back during the rut, swollen neck and huge body, that thing stunk as bad as my ex's cooking as I hauled him out.[:'(]I knew that thing was going to be some bad eating meat before I even processed it, but It actualy was one of the best eating deer I had ever gotten. Last yr during the last weekend of deer season I had to pick up my rifle and leave my bow at home just so that I wouldn't be eating tag soup and I shot a young 3pt mulie. It had a strong taste, but to me it wasn't near as good as any white-tail that I've gotten, it didn't taste bad, but it just tasted strong and I have shot whitetails in the same general area where I had shot this mulie and I'm sure there eating the same groceries. You figure?

Bobby
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bobby, I don't think that anyone could ever compare mule deer to whitetail, especially when it comes to the old ruting bucks. I wish we had more whitetail around here, as i am mostly a meat hunter. This buck I am going to put into peperoni and sausage and save the elk and whitetail for the barbecue. I think that the difference in taste of the two deer may come from the fact that even though the two deer have the same food on their plate. They may eat a little more of one food than the other. This buck was killed in the extreme desert with nothing but bitter brush and very small pickings of green shoots left in the dry washes. His steaks would probably taste like my boot, but will make good table fare as sausage and peperoni.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Chad--Great looking buck & great year!!!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!! I agree those rutters don't eat as well at all !!!!! But they're nice to look at!!

We went out the other day & my son and friend of his both took whitetails, the friend took a nice heavy 3-point & my son took a 5x6 150" buck, I don't think it'll eat all that great as it was in the rutting stages as well. But sometimes you have to give up something for the bigger ones!!

Bobby, how the heck are you doing????? <grin> One of thesedays I'm coming down your way to visit you!!!! Put the coffeee on!!!!!
ElkNut1
Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Great Hunting, Partner! That's a real good looking mulie!
Congrat's on all your kills!

Old 11-13-2005, 10:15 AM

Congrats on a fine season.It sounds like you'll be needing a addition on your trophy room and thats never a bad thing.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

congrats a beautiful buck

Quick Reply: Nice Mulie (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.