Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Helping someone out tomorrow. >

Helping someone out tomorrow.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Helping someone out tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Helping someone out tomorrow.

Well, while at work today, the Dispatch Sgt called and asked if I would be willing to help someone on an elk hunt. She drew an elk tag for an area near here (cow), and has not been able to go since the season opened on the 1st of Oct. She has had other people bail on her, that she has helped with other hunts, so it was a last minute thing. The reason she needs help are two fold. She is a little over 60 years old and has some serious back problems, making her have to walk with a cane, and she can only walk very short distances at that. Should be interesting. We won't be walking much at all, but will be staying in the vehicle the majority of the time, glassing areas and trying to get in on some elk. I kinda feel bad for the lady, as while I was on dialysis before my kidney transplant, I could not do too much on my own, and had to have someone help me, so I know how she feels. Wish us luck!! And at least we can say we didn't try!!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Helping someone out tomorrow.

Good luck, and god bless you. You're doing a good thing.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:29 PM

Best of luck to you both!! It's great to see people of all ages and ablities enjoying our outdoors!!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, just got back to town about an hour ago. The lady didn't get her elk, but we did get into some beautiful country!! This state never ceases to amaze me of the beauty it can hold!! We didn't even see an elk, or even a deer, but Pat (the lady I took hunting) was excited as ever to finally get out. She even treated me to a Porterhouse steak dinner afterward at the local restaraunt. Sure was a fun day, and I will post a couple pics when I get them back, if I remember to post them.