Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My first moose

Old 09-27-2005, 09:24 PM

Default RE: My first moose

Did you get it in Washington? How did the blood get on the tree in the pic? Congrats.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulation's.I'm sure most of you have heard this.Where is the best place to shoot a moose?Next to a road!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Congratulation's.I'm sure most of you have heard this.Where is the best place to shoot a moose?Next to a road!
AMEN, I am rethinking doing any moose hunts that don't allow ATV access!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats- I head out for my first moose hunt in 2 days. I can't wait.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Ok folks hear is the story.

I arrived at Buley's lodge sunday sep. 18 exhausted from the flight of course, bul commences to feeding my darier which makes me even sleepier to say the least i didn't get up early monday morning lol. Was nice to rest up though.
after breakfast ;BTW the food was awsome even when bul cooked it lol. anyhow after breakfast we went for a quad ride to check out the activity of the bear bates and check out the countryside which i thuroughly enjoyed. came back to the lodge and sighted in the 30-06 which i used for the hunt. "sweet riffle", had lunch and discussed the area we would be hunting this evening.got the boat ready, yes a boat" and hooked it to the quad for deployment at lake st martin. In the mean time buleye made some calls and had one of his other ppl come with us just incase we got our moose that evening.About 3:30 pm we launched and headed over to no mans land on the east side of the lake and called from the boat to locate any moose.Out of 5 bays or what i call maskito IV grounds we located some critters. None came out. So in the morning we came back to the original Maskito IV area to see if the old guy was still looken for the cow "us" lol.No moose Bul decides with all the water around that they may be higher lol yea right higher,and we decide to go for a little hike which i agreed on seeing my darier was starten to ache.Surprisingly enough the wind was to our backs!

We went about 1 mile north and landed on what he called a ridge; to me the whole area is flat but hey. We walked in about 50 yards and found fresh moose tracks heading north of course the wind is still at our backs " from the west" Bul decides to go south which I thought at the moment was bizaar but hey im just the hunter you know lol. we followed a trail for about 1/2 mile and came to an opening next to the swamps and there she was standen as pretty as could be about 150 yds away. Of course i was rushed to shoot so it took 2 shots to drop her lol but oh well.

We ran back to camp which was 2 miles away and got some help haulen the moose out. Yes it was 10: am and i was done. Except i did help haul the critter out that was fun for me. Thats not expected when you are with a guide and outfitter but im the kinda guy who gets his hands into all parts of the hunt weather it's necessasary or not lol. Besides that it'smy first moose. Any how thats the story folks and i spent the rest of the week shooten goose and ducks to say the least it was a Vacation well spent and Buleyes wife can cook like no other.Oh yea i had my first taste of walleye while there also yum yum.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Oh yea BTW the blood was from the moose and the hunt was in Manitoba Canada

Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats,

Cant wait to hear about all the recipes you make with that moose,
Old 09-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats... Very fine animal.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats , i would like to take a moose with a bow!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

MAN I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT MOOSE BUT I BET THAT HEIFER WILL EAT GOOD ..

ROLL TIDE
DD

Quick Reply: My first moose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.