Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Low cost elk camp

Old 09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Low cost elk camp

Frozen..........I hear ya experience. One piece of advice though. Think about getting them to sign some contract/liability/confidentiality agreement???
I have adapted the one I have used at all my home barbeques for our elk camp. Basically, it states that once they taste my smoked brisket, they can never move in to my house without my knowledge or express permission!!! They can not go home and beat their wives senseless for them not measuring up!!! They will not stalk me or hound me incessantly for my cooking techniques! And they can never, ever, under any circumstances offer "personal" favors in order to secure any of the leftovers!!!! Fan worship can be an ugly thing in an elk camp!
Good hunting!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Spike

THANKYOU RED!!!!! I laughed my butt off on that post of yours. People are really giving Rebel a bit of hell, he just missed it, the post meaning that is. Of course, if we were sitting in camp somewhere, and someone blew it that badly.....well hell would be coming, no doubt about it. Thanks all for the posts, but give Rebel a break now.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:28 PM

What state are you in?

Robert
Old 09-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Spike

Whotheguy has shown me a big error on my part, failing to mention what state we are hunting in.....it is Idaho. Sorry everyone!
Old 09-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frozendisc,
I am pretty impressed with what you guys are doing. Not too many would risk taking in unknown outsiders. That said, there is no reason to believe that the new guy won't be a great addition. There are many people who are just starting out or have recently moved who are looking to hook up with a new group. Nice to see this type of attitude. Wish I didn't live 1800 miles away
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

hey frozen i might be interested and i live in idaho. let me know where you would be going or if you don't want to tell everybody email me at [email protected]

let me know when too
Old 10-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Spike

The lack of interest has me wondering, is it cost or is it location? Of course it could just be a timing thing, as we are very close, and most people have firm plans in place already. Oh well, thanks everyone, and the best of luck in the hunts you do!
Old 10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it may just be timing!! I know I would jump on it, had I not just taken 9 days of vacation here in NV and being short handed at work right now!!(the money thing is nothing at that cost!!)That sounds like an awesome deal! Anyone who has a flexible schedule should jump on it!!
Old 10-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Them low cost DIY elk camps is best. Sometimes the luck aint the best, but gettin together int he high country is unparalleled. Good luck to ya.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe you guys don't have a list of people wanting to take you up on the offer !!!!!!!! Whats with you guys, instant elk hunt with experienced group !!!! If I had the vacation time I'd be jumping up and down. I did my first western last year for pronghorn and was mesmerized by the beauty of that country, will definitely go back someday.

Quick Reply: Low cost elk camp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.