Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Downunder Kiwi looking to elk hunt!! >

Downunder Kiwi looking to elk hunt!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Downunder Kiwi looking to elk hunt!!

Old 09-04-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Downunder Kiwi looking to elk hunt!!

Gidday from New Zealand!

I will be in Canada and possibly the nothern US in Fall 2006 and am lookingtake homea respectable elk trophy, ideally a nice 6x6.

I am looking for a cost effective way to get a good guide/outfitter, or find locals that would/could take a fit and experienced deer hunting Kiwi out hunting. I am also wondering where to go -Country?? State??asI would like to guarentee thatI get a bull elk. I will be based in BC anddoing the tourist thing in Alberta so ifthe huntingis handy tothis part of the world all the better.

I am definitely into fair chase and very experienced hunting red deer but have never hunted elk. I love the outdoors and was a wildlife officer for 15 years am very fit and can hack the rough stuff no problems.

One concern from reading posts here is that some guided operations on private land hunt very tame animals that are tolerant of people and not truely wild. WhileI want a good elk that this not me!

I would be very grateful for any advice that you guys can give me.

Good luck for the season that has just started up there!!

Rob
Old 09-04-2005, 02:06 PM

Default RE: Downunder Kiwi looking to elk hunt!!

Robbo NZ

One of the advertisers on this site is Table MT Outfitters.
I have used them for an Elk hunt and an Antelope hunt.
They are a great outfit and offer only fair chase hunts.
The Elk hunt I booked with them was in Idaho. The area of Garden Valley about 140 miles north of Boise Idaho.
I took a nice 6x6 with the bow with a lot of up and down climbing and hiking. The guide was Doug Yourn. He guides the area for Elk, Bear and MT Lions.
You may have seen Table MT outfitters on the TV show Bushnells Screts of the hunt or other Bushnell shows on the Outdoor Channel.
It is a horse back pack in to a good tent camp. The food was very good and the hunting excellent.
It is Some rough and steep country but nothing you haven't seen back home I am sure.

http://www.huntingoutfitters.com/selectoutfitter.asp?Stateid=71

If you click on the linkabove it will take you Outfitter page. You'll find Table Mt on that page.
The owners and operators are good people who provide a excellent service, Scott and Angie Denny.
If you want, e-mail me and I'll e-mail you some photos of the Elk hunt.