Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal??? >

Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal???

Old 08-19-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal???

I've found a used left handed Sako AVstainless in 338 win mag. It is custom done by Mark Penrod, and includes Douglas SS24" Barrel, Necg adj.front sight, removable Sako rear peep sight, bedded McMillan fiberglass stock, action plated with electroless nickel. The rifle is in excellent condition, but costs $1600!I've heard a lot of good things about Sakos; but is this a good deal, or should I keep looking [&:]? Thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal???

You are the only one who can make that choice. It would not be worth it to me even at half that price. I don't like SS Guns and I don't like the 338 Win Mag and I think Sako's are over priced. Now if it were blued and I needed a rifle that big, and it was a 375 H&H at about 1000.00. Then it would be worth a thought at least. This is why I say that only you can decide wether its worth it to you. If it is, Have at it.It is a lot of money unless you have a need for such a gun or the extra bucks to pay for it. I don't.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I have a Sako Hunter 270 win and as far as I'm concerned the Sako is an awsome rifle regardless what other's feel.I got a sweet deal on mine about 10 year's ago and the price was over $1000.00 back then,but I got it brand new for $600.00 .I find this rifle sooo shooter friendly and very accurate .I've owned other's such as Remington's and Browning's and love the Sako hand's down .

nubo
Old 08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sako is an excellent firearm, but I think this one is a bit to much for what your getting.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:45 PM

I personally would never spend $1600 dollars on a rifle. I have a Tikka in .270 and it is the finest rifle I have ever fired. It, of course, is made by Sako. They have the same barrels and some other features that I find very appealing such as a trigger that the owner can adjust himself very easily with just an allen wrench. It cost $440 new.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM

Lets add it up shall we:

sako action --> $500
Douglas barrel--> $450
McMillan stock--> $200
Sights--> $100
Gunsmithing--> $400

Grand total of $1650
Thats to build the same gun (estimate). Now I didn't put anything in for the "electralosis plating" because I didn't know what you where talking about. But, I think you could have this custom gun (thats what it is) built for about the same money and not be buying a used weapon.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:54 AM

I agree with others, only you can make that choice. There are other sites with simular rifles at $1700 and up. Take a look at the link below. Remember most folks advertizing on-line are listing on the high end. Good luck, Rick

http://www.gunsamerica.com/1370/1370-random-5.htm
Old 08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Click on picture!

(Pop Up)
model L61R
GA# 976623426

$695.00
Sako custom medium heavy barrel in 300 win mag. Pre 1972 with NICE Fiddleback Wood. VERY FINE Wrap around checkering on forend and grip. Ebony grip cap forend and grip cap! Builder was Flaig rifles. Wood is 97% and blue is 96%. 695.00 plus shipping...NICE>>>>
Seller: RANDALL WALTERS
FFL Dealer: No Area Code: 830

Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the input guys, I've decided not to purchase the rifle after all. Anymore, I keep on seeing all these great toys, but I'm not spending a dime ; being responsible makes me sick.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

OH don't start that being reliable stuff ,we're all hunter's and none of us can contain ourselve's when it come to our toy's for hunting LOL.
I also think that the rifle you are speaking of is a little reciculous in price ,but Sako and Tikka are very fine rifle's ,and as far as I'm concerned the best made .My opinion .

nubo

Quick Reply: Used Custom Sako, is this a good deal???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.