Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Well its time for me to get serious! >

Well its time for me to get serious!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Well its time for me to get serious!

Old 06-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well its time for me to get serious!

The RMEF Idaho State Elk Calling contest is comming to town in two weeks! Its being called the "Screaming of the Tetons", Sportsman Warehouse here in Idaho Falls is hosting it. From other forms I do visit everynow and then it appears that quite a few "Top Dog" callers are comming to town. It looks to be as good as contest as the finals of the ISE show in SLC. To be honest I have been so busy working that I haven't practiced much, but I am not far off from sounding as good or better than the Salt Lake show back in Marchin which I took third place. One thing I am worried about is I am fighting my alergies, (hay fevor) this time of year as usual. I am worried about shortness of breath that comes with my alergies. AlsoI need to get on the horn with GSelkhunter, elkaholicid, and of course elknut to fine toon my program. Nothing like learning from the pros! For anyone who is planing on comming here for the contest let me know and maybe we could hook up. Thanks and good luck to all.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well its time for me to get serious!

Idahoelkinstructor,

First off, Good luck, I hope all goes well for you. I was just curious if you have ever called against or know Rocky Jacobson from Kamiah Idaho? I've visited with him up at the Spokane bighorn show the past couple years. He's a really nice fella. He produces his own line of bugles and turkey callsand I believe was the Rocky Mountain foundations 2002 world Champion. Don't quote me on that but I know he was a world champ elk caller. Anyway just wondered if you knew him.I have his Bugling bulls and Beyond Volume 2 DVDon elk calling, its good. Once again good luck.

Troy

Old 06-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

shed33, I know of him but have not meet him yet. elkahokicid (Michael) isa prostaff memberof Rocky's company Bugling Bull Game Calls. I have had the honor of talking on the phonewith Michael, andhe is a greatguy as well. I hope thatMichael can introduceme to Rocky and his son Cory or I can meet them soon.They will maybe be here for the show, either way theyareallgreat callers and I would love to have the chance to learn from them. Jason
P.S.I am sending you a PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM

Tape it, see what those folks are doing.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey best of luck to ya Jason,kick some butt.
BBJ
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, not to put no pressure on you but if Rocky is competing he is tough dude to go up against. I had a chance to meet him down in kalispell a few years back at the sportsmans show. If I remember correctly he won champoinship in salt lake (?) 2 or 3 times, only to lose to his son to take the title from him from what I understand. I believe his daughter placed also. I got his vidieoand spent around $50 bucks on calls and neat stuff like that. I liked him so much I went back down their (75 miles) to see him the next day.I wish you the best of luck and let us know how you fair.
Bobby
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM

Jason,

I believe Michael will be at the Idaho Falls contest next weekend. Dad and I won't be able to make it, and I don't think Steve Cordell (2nd place at Salt Lake) will be there either. I did hear Dan Witmus and possibly Walt Ramage will be there, but they will be in the pro division. Definitely let us know how you do! And good luck!

Corey
Old 06-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks to all, for the good luck wish.
Corey, its good to hear from you.I knew that Dan was going to be here, but I didn't know about Walt. I did know that I wouldn't becompeating against you or other"Pro's" I sure hope someday that someone will think I am good enough togo pro and want me on there team. Big Grin.AnywayI might justhave to drive over to Boise and meet you and your dad in person when all of ushave the time.Right now I am in Salt Lake at primary children's medical centerfor doctors apointments for our son. I'll be back in Idaho on Friday. But since I am here,I'am hoping to meet up with big Al Moris. (if he has time, and is in town) I talked to himbackin Marchand he gave me his number and told me the next time I am in town to call and we could hook up and work on my calling. I know that he is your competition, but I am willing to listen to anyone who has theknowledge ofelk calling incompetitions. After all education is the exchange of ideas. I know everyone has there own style but I hope to take the best of everyone who is willing to help me and form my own style. I look foward to meeting Mike at the show he and I talked for a few hours on the phone, but it will be neat to put a face with his voice. Got to run, and good luck to everyone. Thanks Jason
Old 06-29-2005, 04:52 PM

Hey, Idahoelkinstructor there is no use worrying about elk calling and all of that jazz. You won't be able to hunt elk during the peak of the rut with a bow...you will be doing something else Better check the Idaho draw results.[8D]
Old 06-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best of LUCK!!!

Quick Reply: Well its time for me to get serious!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.