Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 British Columbia LEH Results >

British Columbia LEH Results

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

British Columbia LEH Results

Old 06-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Default British Columbia LEH Results

does any body know when the bc leh results will be poste on the government site
Old 06-25-2005, 01:08 PM

Default RE: British Columbia LEH Results

july 1st you can find out, they will send you a letter or you can go online and check it out, i am waiting patiently too, and crossing my fingers, the last three years i have not got one, this has to be the year for me to get one becuase i may not be here (my hometown) for hunting season this year, so it only makes sense that i will get my moose LEH
Old 06-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Hey guys. My group is planning to go to germainson landing this year and try to boat up the Ominica River to go for moose. Have either of you tried in that region? I'm told the area has few roads and quite dense bush.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:20 PM

hey frosty, what region is that, i have heard of that germainson landing before, i think i have been there when i was a kid, cant quite remeber though, is that near or around a place called manson creek? i will look into it for you, i will check out my maps and find where it is and then i will have a better idea for you, where abouts are you from frosty?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:48 PM

I'm actually from Prince George and often work up in Mackenzie. Germainson landing is found by driving half way up the west side of Williston lake, then turning west. Its on the Ominica river. I found satellite photos of the area off the B.C. ministry of forests website and it looks like pretty dense bush. The area hasn't been logged yet. My hunting partners have boated up the river a few years ago and said it was good moose country (supposedly caribou too). I washoping to find other people who had hunted in the area too. I put in for my LEH for that area. Hopefully it works out.
I also put in for the Bison LEH, but thats like winning the 649. I only know one person who ever got a draw for a bison. My question is if I got the draw, how big a cannon would I need to shoot one. I know my 30-06 would not be appropriate.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:37 PM

Wouldn't a 30-06 with a 180 gr bullet be enough for buffalo? I've never hunted them but have seen them in the bush before they didn't seem real "wild" to me or are they hunted enough in BC that they are spooky?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:52 PM

B.C. LEH RESULTS ARE OUT.
If you check the website, you can get your results. Unfortunately, I didnt draw a moose tag or a bison tag (no surprise). However, I drew an antlerless elk for 7-20 in the Peace river area (dec 1 to feb 28). At that time of year, there should be no problem with freezing the meat. Just leave it on the ground for 5 min. How did you guys do?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did the Group Shared Hunt..(I think thats what they call it)Along with my brother and Cousin and we got ours..Again ..3rd year in a row....
Afriendof ours and another cousin of mine put in for indiv LEH in the same area..They'Ve been drawn each of the 2 previous years as well..So hopefully 3 is a charm for them..
We took 4 bull moose last year..3 in less than 24hrs and harvested
4 the year prior..
So hopefully this year will be as good for our group as the 2 previous ones..

Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 PM

could somebody please give me the sight to the results im hopeing i got an elk tag because i found a spot last year where there was a 400+ elk and this year i saw it again in velvet but its looking like it might be bigger
Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 PM

just looked i got drawen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im going elk hunting !!!!!!

nice jsut looked at my brothers he got one also it says 4205 not sure what that means im thinking moose but not sure

Quick Reply: British Columbia LEH Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.