Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Shot down on moose tag

Old 06-17-2005, 09:01 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default Shot down on moose tag

Well another year has gone by without drawing a moose tag in Maineor NH. The only good thing is now I can hunt bears in both states. The bears will be a little easier to get out of the woods. Anyone draw one of those moose tags?
mooseless in Ohio
Old 06-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shot down on moose tag

damn, i was really hopin youd draw buddy
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am mooseless too. I just got my results this week. I feel like such a mooserlooser.I have been a 5 year mooserlooser here. I think B.C. is in the horizon though. Bobby
Old 06-18-2005, 06:45 AM

I didn't draw either but I expected it, since it was my first year. How long have you been appling in Maine?
Old 06-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

I think B.C. is in the horizon though. Bobby
Bobby,
I got tired of waiting myself and did BC last year for Moose. There is an outfit not far from you, just above WA state in BC that you can do a Shires for under 4K. I went a little over board on my hunt for a Canadian, but will return for a Shires.
With the overcrowding in this state and quotas I think our chances are slim and none anymore for a Moose, Sheep or Goat.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:11 AM

I'm pretty sure I'll never draw a tag in Idaho - what's the name of that outfit in BC?
Old 06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, is that U.S. or Candian? Did you have any problems in getting the meat across the border? I went to your home page and saw that you shot that moose at nearly 500 yrds a way, could you have gotten any closer if you wanted to hunt with a bow? I don't think I can put a trip together this year but I will be moose hunting somewhere next year, I have a friend who is a guide in the Crows Nest in Alta, he may give me a break. I stalk up on a lot of moose up here and even have them come in my yard from time to time, sometimes they pay me no never mind and some others I press my luck with them. Thanks, Bobby
Old 06-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rick_reno
what's the name of that outfit in BC?
Rick,
About 18 months ago I was planning my BC hunt and don't have the info any more. If you check this link for Moose they are $4000 USand less for a couple of this guys hunts.\ These are old prices though, but I am sure if you look you can still find a deal uder $5000 US
http://www.dunnssporthunting.com/index.prices.html
Bobby,
The place I was thinking about was in BC and it was South East of Kelowna. I don't remember thier name. There are a lot of outfitters that hunt out of Cranbrook, BC and have some good prices.
Meat wasn't a problem at the border, as they could see it was a Moose and I had the proper paperwork.
As far as the long shot on the Moose.I had a solid rest and was shooting over a calm lake.My 338 RUM hit him 4 out of4times 2 lung,1 ear, 1 head after the first shot he just stood there and having never shot a Moose I wanted him down in his tracks.They are one tough Hombre.I am sure I could have got closer but he was walking back into the timber and I knew with my rifle I could get him right close to the water and canoe.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Bob, I very familiar with Cranbrook as its only about 40 minutes to the north of me. Bobby
Old 06-19-2005, 01:14 PM

i live in central BC and hopefully on july 1st i will be one of the lucky ones to have a draw for moose, i have been trying for four years now and nothin, allthough i have been lucky for the last three years to still get a moose, but only two 2 points and one calf, so its gotta be my turn this year.

Quick Reply: Shot down on moose tag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.