Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

leg work out

Old 06-06-2005, 02:16 PM

Default leg work out

My ole lady bought the kids a trampolene. I was jumping on it with them. I found out that I was seriously out of shape. I lost my wind in about 5 minutes, and my legs where burning like crazy. This morning they were like jello. Now I've been walking the hills around my home with a 25 pound pack ever since I got back from B.C. last september, I thought I was doing pretty good. Is jumping on a darn trampoline that much of a work out, or am just a wimp?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: leg work out

Your a wimp.

Nah just kidding shato,what you are doing is a diffrent excercise,using difrent muscles in diffrent ways.Instead of pulling and lugging,you are pushing and using force against your mucles.See the trampoline is giving way and you are excercising more force to propel your self.

In turn to your lugging a pack around you might also wanna take up swimming to,cause you will be using many more mucles.

Thats my opinon though.
BBJ
Old 06-06-2005, 07:00 PM

shato do u have a cage on it? do u know that was the most dangerous home game last year! noway would my kids ever have one! i can't afford $3000.00 for a broken arm! or a heart attack !
Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Sort of what BBJ said. In lugging the pack around, assuming you are walking, you are using your muscles in a different way than the trampoline. The tramp exercise you are getting is an exercise which forces the use of fast twitch muscle fibers while the walking uses slow twitch fibers.

I suggest you try a bit of running (maybe 10 minutes or so) followed by walking, then running, etc. Then add in some weight training just to make your physical efforts in the woods a bit less taxing.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

i found that circuit training at the local weight room has helped me a ton. cardio combined with weights, seems like the way to go to me.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted last week and hauled a bunch of meat out, My leg muscles were pretty tired. I went for a bike ride the next night and could feel many of the same muscles burning. Pick up the pace on the bike and you will be working not only the muscles. But will also be working on your cardio and pumonary systems. From your posts it seems like you will be up pretty high on your hunt, so expanding your lungs also might come in handy.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Oh no. You failed the trampoline test? I'm sorry, but that's it for you. You will need to give up hunting. I'll give you my address. Send me your rifles, bows and any other hunting gear and tell me where you hunt. I'll also hunt for you on any trips you have paid for so the guide won't be bored. I am so sorry!

Like these guys said, you're just an adult using different muscles. Like huntnmuleys, weights work wonders for me. Try them out and we'll let you re-test later this summer.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather hunt out of shape, than with a broken neck. Bobby