Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

big game hunting

Old 06-02-2005, 04:36 PM

Default big game hunting

Just wondering, which big game animal is cheapest to hunt? If the cheapest is a whitetail, whats the 2nd cheapest?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Default RE: big game hunting

Are you asking as a hunt with an outfitter? Or just the hunt?

If it is outfitted whitetail, it is up there pretty high with hunts now in the $4000 range. The least expensive guided or payed hunt, I would think would be wild hog hunts.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Well your question begs a couple of more questions. Do you own a firearm or bow, clothing, boots, etc. If you're just beginning you'll need to acquire some materials. However, hunting can be as inexpensive as a second hand shotgun or rife, a pair of jeans and a positive attitude.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:43 PM

I have all the materials needed other than a few small things that may be needed for certain animals or locations. I'm talking with an outfitter, not just the hunt. Didn't think about hogs, I'm guessing you're right about that though. What about only animals considered big game by pope and young though?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RandyA

Are you asking as a hunt with an outfitter? Or just the hunt?

I would think would be wild hog hunts.
yeah they're a real nuissance for a lot of people. alot of land owners will let you hunt them for free. some may even pay you(hey it's possible). there definately isn't a lack of them around depending on where you are.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't really consider white tail as big game. Mulies maybe, but not whitetail. If you can carry it out in one trip, it ain't big game. Bobby
Old 06-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not totally positive but I would think a black bear hunt over bait.

There's no actual guiding other than driving you to a location and telling you to go sit in "X" stand and shoot a big bear and I'll be back at dark to get you.

The outfitter on a bear hunt has to work far less than say a wilderness elk hunt or Alaskan moose or carabou hunt.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:21 PM

Antelope hunts can be very cheap. From a license and guide fee standpoint, they are one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest). Hit some states like Wyoming and don't even bother with a guide.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:02 PM

Toss up between antelope and black bear if your using an outfitter. Doing it yourself, antelope. Those are both recognized by P&Y.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:05 PM

If you are planning on next year, and are considering an antelope try Wy. Pm me and I will give you some areas to apply for. There are usually some tags left for this fall but access is some what limited.

Quick Reply: big game hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.