Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 the north american hunting club >

the north american hunting club

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

the north american hunting club

Old 05-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default the north american hunting club

hope i dont piss off too many with this one....

i was just watching tv and was privledged enough to see north american hunter, the nahc's show. they were bowhunting pronghorn here in wyoming, and we were all treated to dave maas spine shooting a nice buck out of a blind at less then 15 yards. musta missed his mark by at least 8 inches at that range. good thing hes in tune with his gear.

actually, this show didnt lower my impression of these people at all. about 5 years ago i was "duped" into joining this wonderful organization. the deal was something like 3 years for $36, and they threw in a generic multitool. had to fight em to get the tool, should have been my first clue. it wasnt. i decided to become a life member of the nahc, on their payment plan. i thought their magazine was average, but i did a lot of swaps on their website, so i thought it was worth it. anyway, i began on their little life member payment plan. about 8 months into this i decided i was gonna pay it off rather quickly, so i sent in $85, or something like that. it equaled 5 payments. anyway, a month later i could not log on to the website, and when i called the club they told me i hadnt paid my dues. 1, i was only a year and a half into the 3 years i had already paid for, and 2, my bank statement showed they got my large payment. armed with this knowledge i called the clubs 1800 retard line, and the guy gave me a fax number to send a copy of my bank statement, so they could "get this cleared up right away." after i faxed i called back, and they said it wouldnt work, because i had blocked out my social security number. i calmly told the guy on the phone that he didnt need that info, and he basically told me off, i wasnt getting any money back and if i wanted to be a member of his great organization, i would have to pay up.

i didnt, i did lose the $85 but i learned a valuable lesson.

previously i had sent in a story with hopes it would be published in their magazine. when ya join the club they send you a "benefits package" stating that they print members stories. its been 2 or 3 years now, and they never even responded to say they didnt like it, liked it, whatever.

my dad also had trouble with these jokers a few years back, he was a paid in full life member and he had purchased a video and book through them. they kept saying he hadnt paid, even though he sent proof multiple times. finally one of their dolts on the phone said it was cleared up, it was their mistake, and he would hear nothing more about it. about a month later he got a threatening letter from them saying they would report him to a collection agency if he did not pay right away. dad has a temper, and the nahc got to see it. i called again, got it cleared up, and told them if he ever got anything else from their stupid club he was contacting a lawyer. also told them to take his life membership and stick it.

anybody else ever have problems with these guys. from what i can see, all they are is a black eye on the face of hunting..

sorry for being so long winded
Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 AM

Default RE: the north american hunting club

I have never had a problem, got a life membership about 3-4 years ago and received everything they promised. Have even got to field test a couple things. I like the magazine, it was probably the main reason I got the life membership.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:22 AM

Brad, I feel your pain! I had joined two or three years ago and loved getting on the message board / chat room those guys are just like here "GREAT" but as far as the organization I hate it. They tried pulling the life membership tactic with me but I never did it. They sent me life membership packets and everything. Well I had a lapse in my membership due to a divorce and tried to rejoin only for the guys I talked to in the chat room. Well I was never able to log back on because from what I understood from 15 idiots in their tech department. my email address had to be changed because it was already attached to my old membership???? Well sorry but I can't change my email address. This went on for a month Why can't you delete my old membership "Can't" well send me my frigon $12.00 back they never did figure it out and I got a $12.00 check. For some reason I am still getting a magazine with Life membership on it??? Smart folks

I also was waltching Bill Miller with Larry Wison (Spelling??) and some other hunter over the weekend They had a video of a Buck in his bed and Bill Miller wanted to find out what the other guys would do in this situation before he showed them what he did. Well both Hunters said they would let the Buck get up before shooting Bill said well I felt comfortable with my gun and the shot so I took it while he was in his bed and you guessed it "He Missed"
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 PM

i for one love the club! i joined when i was 23 as a life member. if i live until i am 65 and lets say they are still around... i will recieve 252 issues.. that = $1.19 per issue![:-] i want to know where u can get a hunting mag. for that price? and i just entered another give away... i more than likely won't win but thats all right i didn't join for that reason!

and for brad, all i will say is you either have bad luck with your checking account (like the year u missed your elk tag)or u just can't balance an account!but either way it is your problems and we will never know what happened! i know i have never had money problems with them and this month i am getting my first field test item!

i know i am sure glad i joined! and don't forget about the jacket!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

i have had bad luck with my checking thats for sure manboy.

really sucks when it isnt your fault. oh well.

on that whole nahc thing, their magazine is WAY too much advertising. i did once get something to field test, unkers lip balm. wow.

i did enjoy their website, but i think this one and many others are just as good or better, and they're free. although, i guess if i never was on their website, i may have never tried swap hunts, and that has been the best thing ive ever done, so maybe it was worth the $85 for that little lesson.

oh hell with it the club still sucks......
Old 05-27-2005, 10:52 PM

you and i have differant opinions on this one brad!
Old 05-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had much the same experience. Thing I didn't like they would just send low quality overpriced stuff with an invoice whether you ordered it or not. It's been two years now since I let my membership expire, still getting invoices and collection agency threats for garbage items and things I never received. Finally sent back one of their invoices with a letter stating it was never ordered, won't be paid for because I didn't get it and if they continued I would seek legal recourse. I was a member for two years, sent the field test and drawing cards in every time and never got selected, general consensus was you had to be a paid in full life member.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kept an annual membership in the early magazine only years, before online was available. As with Huntingmuleys, I got started doing hunting swaps through their magazine, so I do owe them something. However, when they started pulling stunts like sending me stuff I didn't order and try to make me pay for it I didn't renew. It started being like Outdoor magazine meets Columbia house.

They eventually sent me something I didn't order. Not only did I not pay for it, but I did not send it back. The law states that you can legally keep anything you are sent in the mail that you didn't order, and you don't have to pay for it.

After a couple of years of sending me renewal notices and invoices for the unordered stuff thay had sent me, they left me alone. They never turned me over to a "collection" service. If they had, they certainly would have heard from my lawyer.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:26 AM

NAHC is a joke, it's no club at all. It is a clearing house for low quality merchandise. They sent me a book that I didn't order and the quality was a joke. Hard cover, with a picture pasted or something on the cover, it looked like a kid in grade school had made it. The information contained in the book was simply extracted from other books, it was a joke. They began sending me renewals after just two months in the club. I will be glad when my membership is up and I can wash my hands on these idiots for once and for ever. I joined because I liked their mag, but even that has gone downhill from years ago when I was it. Another organization trying to cash in on the hunters' market place.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

i just noticed, the draw lock has the nahc seal of approval.

nuff said

Quick Reply: the north american hunting club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.