Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 whats your most deadliest shot >

whats your most deadliest shot

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

whats your most deadliest shot

Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 PM

Default whats your most deadliest shot

This last weekend i went out bear hunting and i shot a black bear when i shot it the bear dropped instantly, I was aiming high on the front shoulder but when i walked up to the bear i found out that i wiggled and hit it in the neck then the bullet deflected into the top of the skull between the eyes, lucky wiggle
Old 05-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whats your most deadliest shot

Deleted: had a bad moment....sorry moose3[:'(]
Old 05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

1/3 up from the bottom of the animal, just behind the shoulder usually does the trick. But sometimes they have run on me, and there is nothing I hate worse than seeing an animal run away from the point of impact. To prevent that I really like a spine shot.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm close the most deadly shot I can take is a neck or head shot(just behind the jaw at the base of the head and neck)but thats not always the case,more than often I place the sight just behind the shoulder on the back of the elbo of shoulder joint.

Hey moose what the heck is a WIGGLE?

BBJ
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

My deadliest shot was a mule deer doe that was about 10 yards away looking straight at me. Shot her with a 7mm magnum and the bullet entered her throat patch and blew out the back of her neck. Needless to say she didn't do anything but hit the ground.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:10 PM

big bulls.... are u sure that was enough gun?[:-] lol

if i am close i like the neck shot just as BBJ said, with rifle!

bow i like just above the elbow...
Old 05-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I am close enough then its the head or neck. If not I like the high shoulder shot. Above the shoulder blade just between that and the spine. Next choice is the heart/lung shot.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

my most deadly shot was on the only whitetail i've killed this last year. he was trotting away and i shot him clean high in the neck and he litterally dropped in his tracks. all he did was have muscle contractions in one of his back legs. nothing else moved.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first successful muzzleloader elk hunt. I was stillhunting in oakbrush and jumped some elk that heard me/maybe saw me, but wasn't sure what I was. I cow called and they came right back to me. A 5x5 bull stopped in the open 15 yards from me! However, I only had a COW tag! The cow stopped right behind a thicket of oakbrush. The only hole through the brush was where the part of her neck just behind her head happened to stop. Shot through the hole with my 54 caliber 425 grain maxiball. She hit the ground without even twitching.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was wild pig hunting with my dad and a few friends. I was using a .300 Savage Magnum with scope. I spotted a Sow down in a gully about orginally about 400 yards out. Due to the terrain and heavy brush, I knew I was going to probably only get a quick but ehatical shot. She came out of some brush about 275 yards. I took aim and fired. I was aiming for the middle of her back (hearts and lungs). I actually was little off target (due slight change of wind) but I was able to hit at the base of the neck/head and she dropped instantly.

Quick Reply: whats your most deadliest shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.