Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video >

Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Old 05-19-2005, 12:22 PM

Default RE: Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

The only mistake they made was the fact that they stopped shooting. Your suppose to unload your gun on dangerous game if they are still standing. But it was there choice not to and they paid the price.

Bigbulls:

I did not watch the video that was posted on THIS thread, but I have seen it on several other sites when it made its first rounds on the internet. From what Txhunter58 said, the first video that I saw was a shortened version of the one on this site. I did not see a fence when I watched the other version. If there is a fence in the version that is posted on this thread, then I am sorry and owe you an appology.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen that video before. I'm still amazed that the lion didn't rip that guy's head off or that noone was hit with all that shooting going on [&:]
Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 AM

THAT'S AWESOME! Big Game hunting meets Mortal Combat!

By the way... that seems to be QUITE sporting to me, shoot at something that is gonna try to fight back? Awesome!

how many here would give their eye-teeth to go on a Dangerous Game hunt in Africa?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

I've seen that video before. I'm still amazed that the lion didn't rip that guy's head off or that noone was hit with all that shooting going on [&:]
It almost looks like someone gets shot in the crossfire just after the cat performs the flying pissed-off feline maneuver. -you dont see THAT guy again, do you?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:27 AM

Didn't look like what I'd call "hunting" - but then I wasn't there and don't know what happened before the film was shot.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:04 AM

This video was checked out on Accuratereloading.com and was found to be a canned hunt held in RSA. The lion was from a zoo. It amazes me that anyone would want to shoot a penned animal. Nothing wrong with hunting wild animals but to corner a lion against a fence and call it hunting is sad.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

A "Canned Hunt In RSA"?? Get with it Turk Man. Nearly ALL of RSA is privately owned high fenced operations. And to be quite honest, I don't care if you shoot a lion in a 10 X 10 cage or on the Sarengetti, there is always that chance he's going to fight back. And to be quite honest, I like the lions' chances in the 10 X 10 cage better.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:16 PM

There`s a large difference between a well run "Large concession" and driving a tame lion up against the wire to shoot it! If you think there one and the same then I fell sorry for you. A wild lion would have killed that person or atleast seriously mauled him. Hunt a Botswana lion and tell me if he`d miss his mark when charging or if he`d even let a herd of people walk right up to him.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

To bad it's not a wolf here in Idaho, except I wouldn't dare film SSS.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted Botswana lion. And they tend to not charge. Their natural reaction is to run. Wild lions see humans as a danger, or a threat. I also am friends with a good friend of the PH in this actual video. It was not on a small concession, such as you have concluded.

Quick Reply: Need your Opinions-Lion Hunting Debate-Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.